Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 10:49 pm

Post subject: Gearing for Heroics After Hitting 85
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:29 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

It's kind of a bitch/annoying to be honest.

I've gotten lucky with a few drops in Regular 85 dungeons...however I also spent some gold on "good" blues on the AH ilevel 333 etc.

Now I'm questing in the Twilight Highlands because I hear the quest rewards offer 333 blues.

I guess I like the barrier to entry, but it's kind of annoying (especially because I get all sorts of tells when I log on "can you get into heroics yet". I'm getting closer, anyway.

Azelma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:32 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

the annoying thing is the best gear(to raise item level) you can get thats boe is pvp crafted gear, and i always feel like a scrub when i pve in pvp gear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:35 am  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Pro tip that I realized on accident.
ilevel is based on average gear in your bag...not necessarily what you are wearing. I don't know why it is like that, but it is. Unless they just recently fixed it since I turned 85.

Solution if you are getting close? Go to all the rep vendors and buy the cloth/plate/mail/leather gear that is 333 or higher. It will boost your average ilvl enough to hit heroics if you are close. I think I gained my last four points to hit 329 by doing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:45 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

They changed it so the system observes armor class but not itemization type. Cloth armor will no longer buff a non-clothies' item level.

An offhand will improve your item level even if you are a shield/melee class.

I'm fairly sure caster plate will improve your score even as a warrior or DK (need confirmation).

Azelma, my advice is to just finish the long quest chains for blue rewards and get the 333/346 faction reputation rewards. I'll look at your armory later. Scrounging gear is a specialty of mine =D

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:13 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Henq wrote:
ilevel is based on average gear in your bag...not necessarily what you are wearing. I don't know why it is like that, but it is. Unless they just recently fixed it since I turned 85.

Solution if you are getting close? Go to all the rep vendors and buy the cloth/plate/mail/leather gear that is 333 or higher. It will boost your average ilvl enough to hit heroics if you are close. I think I gained my last four points to hit 329 by doing this.

This.
We bought rep rings and all that. Held on to random BoE blues we'd win. Cheating the system so you co heroics, oh yeah son!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:26 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Necrachilles wrote:
Henq wrote:

This.
We bought rep rings and all that. Held on to random BoE blues we'd win. Cheating the system so you co heroics, oh yeah son!

One of our tanks actually had a couple of boe blue rings he would send to people/trade for them to hold so he could take slightly undergeared guildies into heroics instead of randoms that gave him a headache. This worked out very well all around.

Also, combine Henqs and Aestus post to get the perfect answer. Henq was refering to the item type for your toon and Aestu has the right answers on offhands and other oddball items. And yes, the pvp crafted is probably the easiest to get. I had the pvp chest in my bags since I could not get a drop to save my life, then as soon as I finally got an upgrade I sold it for what I bought it for. Renting gear FTW.

9 level 90s and 10 85s, Damn I need another hobby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:40 pm  

Stupid Schlemiel

I really don't understand.

I did one of every dungeon and at 85 I had more than enough gear to get into heroics. I quested to completion uldum and deepholm. Most of vashjir and about a third of twilight highlands.

Maybe I was just lucky. But uh yeah I think ailvl of stuff in my bags is stupid and I might vendor my holy gear to raise my ilvl.

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:42 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Lucinth wrote:
I really don't understand.

I did one of every dungeon and at 85 I had more than enough gear to get into heroics. I quested to completion uldum and deepholm. Most of vashjir and about a third of twilight highlands.

Maybe I was just lucky. But uh yeah I think ailvl of stuff in my bags is stupid and I might vendor my holy gear to raise my ilvl.

No, it takes the ilvl of the HIGHEST items in your bag, low ones don't matter.

And you completed Uldum and Deepholm, that gives alot of the needed rewards and yeah you probabaly got really lucky. It's not that hard otherwise though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:43 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

If this average ilevel counting stuff in bags thing is true, then I definitely need to clear out my bags and see what happens.

Like any true WoW player, I have larp gear on me at all times. Unfortunately, this larp gear is of very low item level (Tier 5 shoulders, etc.).

Azelma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:46 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:49 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Does it count what you have in the bank as well, because I put all my bad balance gear in there, bought two 300+ pieces that replaced 272s, and my I-Lvl only went up 2 points?

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:00 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Jubbergun wrote:
Does it count what you have in the bank as well, because I put all my bad balance gear in there, bought two 300+ pieces that replaced 272s, and my I-Lvl only went up 2 points?

Your Pal,
Jubber

Test it. Check your ilvl, then take out the stuff from the bank and check it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:42 pm  

French Faggot

It's not average ilevel across the board, it's average for every gearslot only including the highest ilevel item for that particular slot.

If you have say a 333 chest, a 346 chest, and you kept your 264 T10 chest for whatever reason, it's not going to assign you an ilevel of 314; it just counts the highest item.

Trust me on this. I'm a total packrat, and I've still got my Season 1 gladiator set. My ilevel is 343.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:03 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

This thread reminds me... does anyone have an alliance side toon with a Scribe able to make the Dungeoneering Guide? =)

Callysta of Reverence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:23 pm  

Feckless Fool

That reminds me too, i want the agility relic made but not being in touch with herbs and stuff has me unsure of the cost. Plus i've never seen one on the AH.

Laetitia