Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:20 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: CNN tests drivers after smoking up to 1 Gram of weed
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:20 am  

Blathering Buffoon

Addy is my soulmate

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

Post subject: Re: CNN tests drivers after smoking up to 1 Gram of weed
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:18 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

I like how the major pothead was the best driver...she only messed up when she'd smoked a crap ton of weed.

The cop definitely lied about her 2nd to last time through...he wouldn't have stopped her.

Generally the more you smoke the more hesitant you become on the road...which is the danger (driving slow, making bad turns, getting lost etc). But it's nothing compared to the wrecklessness of drunk driving.

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:47 am  

Obtuse Oaf

It appears the young lady has quite a tolerance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

She's relatively normal. I generally smoke about a gram at a time and that (depending on delivery method) will put me at about a [6]. Also, she didn't pregame, habitual smokers are usually not "high" in the sense that occasional smokers get, we just have higher blood concentration of THC. I haven't been "high" in a long time. I'd prefer to keep it that way. Being totally blitzed and couch-locked blows. At least this video is showing that even with up to 5 times the legal limit, people are completely safe drivers.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:19 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

Excuse me, safe is probably not the right term. I should say, overly cautious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Overly cautious drivers are dangerous because they send mixed signals (my mother is like that), and the danger of driving under the influence is that it is more difficult to identify one's own errors when intoxicated.

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:27 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I'm assuming this is an argument to legalize it.

It's a bad argument. If you are in any way intoxicated, you shouldn't be driving. That's why we have cabs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:09 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

I don't think the video is purporting in any way that driving while intoxicated in any form should be legal, I think it's just showing that people intoxicated on marijuana are a lot more self-aware than people give them credit for. Even the girl, a habitual smoker, says she shouldn't be driving. And the man, an occasional smoker hits the nail right on the head when asked, "should you be driving right now?" and he responds, "I'd prefer not to."

Still though, I'm glad these studies and reports are finally being done. There are a lot of misconceptions about how marijuana intoxicates and it is often lumped in with alcohol intoxication, which is exceedingly dangerous in almost every avenue, whereas marijuana is fairly benign.

You're right though, intoxicated is intoxicated. I would never, ever, in a million years attempt to drive after smoking that much. It's not that I couldn't, I just know I shouldn't and that it would be dangerous to myself and people around me. Completely different world than alcohol intoxication.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Usdk wrote:
I'm assuming this is an argument to legalize it. It's a bad argument. If you are in any way intoxicated, you shouldn't be driving. That's why we have cabs.

Usd and aestu agree, Usd is prepared for zombie invasion, aestu is not

Dotzilla wrote:
Still though, I'm glad these studies and reports are finally being done. There are a lot of misconceptions about how marijuana intoxicates and it is often lumped in with alcohol intoxication, which is exceedingly dangerous in almost every avenue, whereas marijuana is fairly benign.

You show your own lack of scientific understanding when you label a dramatic, comedic Youtube video a "study" or "report".

There isn't any reason to rationalize doing anything under the influence unless someone is just that hung on getting high. If some people weren't hung on getting high, they could just as easily go without and do what they have to do, without being intoxicated.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:21 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

It's a news report from CNN. Following this logic you have now revoked your ability to cite from internet videos indefinitely.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Dotzilla wrote:
It's a news report from CNN. Following this logic you have now revoked your ability to cite from internet videos indefinitely.

CNN and what it cites is not a scientific study or a report. CNN is entertainment, especially about something as sensational as LEGALIZED POT IT DOES NO HARM YEAHHHHHHHHH

Quote:
CNN may have just posted their best piece of investigative journalism in years...

The volunteers -- a young daily smoker, adult weekend smoker and elder infrequent smoker..

Although hardly scientific...

Could anyone deny that this was a microcosm of the future most have been waiting for?

Three people were stooged up by CNN and people care because they want to get high.

You don't understand what science is. When you say science, you really mean, "this is what I would really like to be true, so I'm going to pretend someone proved it 'scientifically', therefore those who disagree are crazy."

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:39 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

Quite right. I did, however, prove that you can no longer source from the internet ever again. Although, I feel like I'm stepping into your shoes, becoming an avid purveyor of reductio ad absurdum.

I sure am baitable, though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:30 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

They are two separate curves. Clearly alcohol impairment / driving dangers become obvious at much smaller levels of consumption over the legal limit.

Case and point, if I had the same toxification level of alcohol or weed, I'd be a "better" driver on weed. It's a function of how weed affects the system versus alcohol. Weed makes you overly cautious and slow, whereas alcohol more immediately removes inhibitions and leads to thrill seeking.

Still...this makes driving on weed dangerous. Fact is, it's harder to tell if someone is driving high...and setting that limit "I'm too high to drive" is not as simple as it is with alcohol. The biggest danger I think is being confused/not knowing where exactly you're going, which can lead to huge mistakes/accidents.

I'm sure that stoner girl is a fine driver...and I'm positive she's driven around crazy high many times and not done so much as run a stop sign. Still, it's dangerous and she shouldn't do it. Playing with gray areas with any kind of intoxication is where you run into huge issues. Drive sober or don't drive at all.

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 pm  
Kunckleheaded Knob

Every time a pot argument appears on the internet kittens hang themselves.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mazeltov

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:12 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

mazeltov wrote:
Every time a pot argument appears on the internet kittens hang themselves.

Yikes. I shudder to think what do kittens do when a political argument appears...

Azelma

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next