Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 3:22 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Cop totally snaps
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:46 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

Aestu wrote:
Dotzilla wrote:
I'm not sure why you keep saying I didn't read it. That's three times, now. I obviously read it. What is it you're trying to get across? Are you implying I didn't read it in the same manner you did?

The latter. Why the assumption that it's pure fiction and all grievances are imagined?

I made some edits you might be interested in.

I, in no way implied it was pure fiction. I 100% believe that owing to the specificity behind the chronology, that the events did occur. But no one, outside of him, can account for how he saw those events. I see a blue dog. I told you about the blue dog. You tell me it's not a blue dog, but a red dog. You ask your friend to confirm that yes, it is in fact a red dog. At that point, I can choose to either deny, confront, or accept that my reality is skewed for whatever reason.

Think about the thousands of bureaucratic chess moves involved in formally complaining about incidents like the ones he talked about. In all the required interactions that follow, how much margin for error is suddenly introduced if he were a paranoid schizophrenic? Or if he suffered from borerline personality disorder? Or if he were blind? Or deaf? Or narcississtic? The possibilities are endless. All I was saying is that we can postulate as much as we want about the events, but his manifesto is biased and not a credible source.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

You're resorting to semantics and psychobabble. Your objections could be applied to absolutely any statement by anybody on any topic.

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

Last edited by Aestu on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:58 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

I see yours the same way, so perhaps we'll have to call this one a draw. Until next time, my good man.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Dotzilla wrote:
I see yours the same way, so perhaps we'll have to call this one a draw. Until next time, my good man.

The point is not to win or lose, the point is to compare and improve understanding of reality. You insulate yourself from reality by dismissing its intrusions on non-falsifiable shrinkological grounds.

Your choice, though.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

I think our definitions of reality are different. You seem to subscribe to the idea that reality is an all encompassing unit of measurement such as time or gravity, that we are forced to fit into. I see reality is completely and 100% relative. Therefore, when someone told Dorner that he didn't have enough evidence to sufficiently complain about an officer kicking a suspect, due to his relative perception he might have seen it as a personal attack on him versus a legitimate shelving of an unsupportable complaint.

EDIT: That's just an example I pulled out of my ass to demonstrate my philosophy., I'm uninformed about that exact incident, so don't go crazy with research and semantics.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Dotzilla wrote:
I see reality is completely and 100% relative.

Insanity.

Perceptions may differ, the anthropic uncertainty principle applies, but reality itself is absolute.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 pm  

Malodorous Moron

you guys need to do (more) drugs

Learn the difference!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

oh look aestu found someone who still argues with him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:18 am  

Blathering Buffoon

Hey, don't bring me into your lover's spat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10