Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:39 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xbox One and the Future of Gaming
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:59 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Go fuck yourself. You have aim assist, you should be able to do it.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:50 pm  

Malodorous Moron

People who complain about consoles being bad are pretty much just bad at playing on consoles. I have all consoles (except the wii-u cause no smash) and a very recently regemmed PC and know gamers across all platforms, so I've seen this to be pretty spot on. IRL head turners and just horrible coordination. And even if PC gamers have the advantage because of point and click they wont beat me in a game of CoD, because I'm just pretty awesome at outplaying people. Games like unreal that are pretty much head on action... probably not. Although the unreal game for xbox 1...I was a fucking legend at that shit, ranked top 10 in the world. /epeen.

Learn the difference!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:55 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Sorry but I got real fucking good at black ops on xbox.

and bf3 on xbox AND pc.

And PC is just more fun to play on.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:04 pm  

Feckless Fool

i need more bros to play red orchestra with

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:13 pm  

Malodorous Moron

Usdk wrote:
black ops

sorry USD not gonna take you seriously today! Do you have MW3 if so what's your tag?

And pc will be as fun as consoles when you can split screen...lol. Team games alone has a different dynamic to it when you can see what's happening at another angle right in front of you.

Learn the difference!

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:23 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Spure wrote:
And pc will be as fun as consoles when you can split screen...lol.

PCs don't need to split screen because, thanks to simple in-home networking, you can connect multiple PCs at a time over LAN and play against each other without some cheater watching what you're doing on your half of the screen.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:13 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Usdk wrote:

and bf3 on xbox AND pc.

Using iron sights with an enemy on screen gives you an instant body or headshot aim. That is bumfuck retarded.

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

Post subject: Re: Re: Xbox One and the Future of Gaming
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:27 am  

Stupid Schlemiel

Meowth wrote:
Usdk wrote:

and bf3 on xbox AND pc.

Using iron sights with an enemy on screen gives you an instant body or headshot aim. That is bumfuck retarded.

Nope.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:58 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

I'm seeing an awful lot of opinions with few actual facts being thrown around.

I'm considering the idea that a "mediocre" Quake or UT player would punch a superb CoD or Halo players dick on a console, just because idk "reasons", officially debunked due to lack of evidence.

Again, all you bros saying PC is more fun, that is an opinion, and you are entitled to it. You can argue about PCs being better than Consoles for FPS gaming due to accuracy etc, and that's fair too.

But trying to argue that, across the board, PC FPS games require skill (and therefore players who play them have inherently more skill and can defeat console gamers just by being a member of the master race), while consoles require zero skill is absurd.

I don't care how good you all think you are at PC FPS games. Go against the best CoD player in the world on his native console, and he would absolutely destroy you.

Argue PCs are better til your blue in the face, it's cool. But stop with the hyperbole of "skill" due to PC fanboyism. That's what I can't stand about PC gamers...the smugness. I play consoles and PC games...both are great in their own ways. Stop acting like little arrogant cunts.

-Fin

Azelma

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:16 am  

Feckless Fool

i once watched someone play counterstrike on 360. i felt like someone was trolling me and trying to make me angry due to how bad it was. i don't care which system you play on or what game you enjoy. personally, i fucking hate quake. but aim assist has ruined first person shooters. most people can't hit shit without it, as seen below.

Last edited by Grimmgor on Thu May 23, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:04 am  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Pretty sure they have had optional Aim Assist forEVER. I know it was an option for Dark Forces II back in...97

I'm not really up on my FPS's these days : [ I played a lot of Halo1 on PC(was AMAZING on PC as long as you didn't play on modded servers) and Xbox, Battle Field 1942 and CS:S on PC. I played at a lot of Xbox parties(4x4) and PC lan parties(as well as random over web stuff) and the standings were always about the same, the people who were good at FPS's played fast and destroyed average players whether they were on console or PC. It's about reaction time and familiarity with your controls.

I will say that now 10 years or so later I think you can get mouses moving faster than thumb sticks and I think they were fairly even in Xbox1 early days.

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:55 pm  

French Faggot

What you're referring to, HH, isn't aim assist; it's no-Z-axis detection because old shooters like DOOM or Dark Forces actually existed entirely on a flat plane, so targets that appeared "above" you (like on a ledge or something) were actually directly in front of you as far as the gun's projectiles were concerned.

There was zero aim assist in the first real 3d shooters, which is to say Quake, Unreal, and Tribes.

Azelma sounds mad. Consoles objectively require less skill, the end.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:36 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

DF2 has full directional aiming and an auto aim feature(also pretty sure Quake had a form of auto aiming).

I am just not sure if you can use Auto aim in multi player in any of the old school games.

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:00 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yuratuhl wrote:
Any FPS that you can play without a mouse requires zero skill. This is an objective fact.

Yuratuhl wrote:
Consoles objectively require less skill, the end.

Two very different statements, sir :)

I'll concede the second due to auto-aim, but the first statement is what I was arguing against. Even with auto-aim, a certain level of skill is required to be good at an FPS on a console. Great FPS players will likely be great FPS players regardless of system. This has been my experience, and is objective fact.

We can argue about the top level players (very best console FPS player versus the very best PC FPS player), but many of the same skills, quick decisions, spatial awareness, ability to navigate and utilize maps, hand/eye coordination cross over. I was a solid console FPS player because I was a solid PC FPS player, and vice versa. But yes, the presence of aim-assist on consoles is what gives PCs the edge when it comes to skill required, point taken.

Carry on.

Azelma

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:44 pm  

Feckless Fool

on topic: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1488 ... -xbox-one/

this idea has been known about for, i want to say, a year, but man. seeing that it's actually going to happen among all the other idiotic rumors that people said "they won't do that! no way!" is fucking hilarious.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next