Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: TCG Megathread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:03 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

They can sideboard my foot in their penis.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:56 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

I want to go to this coming FNM but I don't want to get rolled. This is what I'm running give or take a few cards I want from Gatecrash.

Creatures - 26
Champion of the Parish x4
Champion of Lambholt x3
Avacyn's Pilgrim x4
Intrepid Hero x2
Thraben Doomsayer x4
Mentor of the Meek x4
Silverblade Paladin x3
Mikaeus, the Lunarch x2

Spells - 12
Gather the Townsfolk x4
Oblivion Ring x2
Smite x2
Bonds of Faith x2
Faith's Shield x1
Bramblecrush x1

Lands - 22
Plains x9
Forest x7
Gavony Township x2
Sunpetal Grove x3
Cavern of Souls x1

Sideboard - 15
Crushing Vines x4
Rebuke x2
Ray of Revelation x3
Bonds of Faith x1
Champion of Lambholt x1
Bramblecrush x1
Smite x1
Oblivion Ring x1
Silverblade Paladin x1

Probably should get 1-2 more Faith's Shield, they could be clutch.

Am I gonna die?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

We're all gonna die.

Deck looks good, but my opinion is pretty ignorant of Standard metagame.

Also,

GATECRASH

Hopefully I can snag three Consuming Aberration today.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:16 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Weena wrote:
We're all gonna die.

Deck looks good, but my opinion is pretty ignorant of Standard metagame.

Also,

GATECRASH

Hopefully I can snag three Consuming Aberration today.

That's what I'm saying. Fill me in on some current meta game. My biggest worry is flyers, hence all the flying hate in the sideboard. Also, seems highly likely enchants could be frequent, especially with bant control running around so might be wise to main board some of those puppies.

Like, what's going to be the deck I'll see a lot of.

I have one week to prepare for this so go go.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:30 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

I feel like I should work in 3-4 Fiend Hunters. Then I could exile creatures and possibly set up the infinite 3 fiend hunter loop, pumping my champs up. But at that point I'd wanna splash in some Cloudshifts, both for defensive (safely blocking/protecting my creatures) and offensive utility (perma exiling creatures with Fiend Hunter).

I need ideas and inputs. I am teh noob.

Please and ty

Edit: Right now the main idea is essentially white weenie but with Mentor for draw power (unusuable with Honor of the Pure). So basically, I bring them in low to trigger mentor, then pump them up through different methods. Have some Ring of Thunes but when I started throwing green creatures in there it seemed eh. I suppose I could take out the Avacyn's Pilgrims but I'm unsure how I feel about losing that potential mana/turn 1 drop.

At the same time, I feel like by adding Fiend Hunters I'm trying to do too much with the deck, but maybe I'm not. They fit the theme well (human, power 2 or less, decent blocker for 3, can be use to remove single creature/wipe tokens or with Cloudshift). Just seems like there's a lot of flexability there that I'm not utilizing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:39 am  

Tasty Tourist

I've found humans work much better when you're using Boros. With Gatecrash you have a lot of new toys to play with. I'd definitely try to get a playset of Frontline Medic as fast as possible, because I think the price is going to go up once they start getting added to more decks. Without brewing up the actual list I'd probably want to include the following in a humans deck:

Champion of the Parish
Silverblade Paladin
Lightning Mauler
Frontline Medic
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
Zealous Conscripts
Boros Charm
Thatcher Revolt
Pillar of Flame

If you've got some cash to burn or got lucky opening packs a few Restoration Angel, Bonfire of the Damned, and/or Aurelia's Fury are hot as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Mythrandir wrote:
I've found humans work much better when you're using Boros. With Gatecrash you have a lot of new toys to play with. I'd definitely try to get a playset of Frontline Medic as fast as possible, because I think the price is going to go up once they start getting added to more decks. Without brewing up the actual list I'd probably want to include the following in a humans deck:

Champion of the Parish
Silverblade Paladin
Lightning Mauler
Frontline Medic
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
Zealous Conscripts
Boros Charm
Thatcher Revolt
Pillar of Flame

If you've got some cash to burn or got lucky opening packs a few Restoration Angel, Bonfire of the Damned, and/or Aurelia's Fury are hot as well.

I actually thought about going red for the few red humans I like plus Rubblebelt Raiders (and I don't even need red for this one). Some others I looked at that I liked were
Immortal Servitude but I guess I could just run Angel of Glory's Rise.
Experiment One
Frontline Medic

I'm going to buy two cases so we'll see. I just don't care for Thalia, I have 3 of her lol. and I really want to incorporate Mentor. Conscripts are actually one of the red humans I put a set aside for in case I wanted to do red/white or green/red/white. I like my concept but I think I'm underestimating how fast they'll die.

I'm hoping for an Aurelia's Fury and I have been meaning to get a Bonfire. Just got my Entreat The Angels.

Depends on how this all goes and then I see how much I want to sink into a standard deck (none of my friends play standard lol)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 am  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

I noticed something, so I ran it, and confirmed my suspicion.

You have much more green mana than you have need for green mana.

Like, twice as much green than what you need. Which means you're risking going "Wish I could play these white cards, but I have nothing but three Forest in play."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:12 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

But there is two more plains than forest

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:13 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Weena wrote:
I noticed something, so I ran it, and confirmed my suspicion.

You have much more green mana than you have need for green mana.

Like, twice as much green than what you need. Which means you're risking going "Wish I could play these white cards, but I have nothing but three Forest in play."

Highly possible but not by much. I'm actually debating switching a forest for another plains. I just need a bit more since Champion of Lambholt is double green and 4 of my one drops are green so it's nice to make sure I have at least the one. I pulled a Champ of Lambholt out though so might be better to drop a Forest anyways, unless you think I should go back to 4 Champs. It's just satisfying turn one dropping a Forest then a Pilgrim which opens me up to drop any of my cmc cards pending I have a plains/forest/Sunpetal. If I have both or even just a Sunpetal it leaves me open to play either double green or double white. At the same time I kind of want to put a 4th Sunpetal but I don't want to risk running into it often enough that I have to play it tapped.

All that said, I know dick about metagame/mana ratios or anything. I pretty much threw it together based on my experiences playing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:57 pm  

Tasty Tourist

Cut Smite and Bonds of Faith in favor of 4 Rancor. You don't happen to have any Thragtusk, Wolfir Silverheart, or Restoration Angel lying around do you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:35 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Mythrandir wrote:
Cut Smite and Bonds of Faith in favor of 4 Rancor. You don't happen to have any Thragtusk, Wolfir Silverheart, or Restoration Angel lying around do you?

Not really but money isn't a problem. I just don't see those as a good fit.

Rancor is meh when I have Champion of Lambholt but it could possibly work. Bonds of Faith I like for the double utility of it. Maybe I want to pump my creature or maybe I want to lock down their Thragtusk or something bigger. I won't have to much to worry about from other humans.

Wolfir isn't bad but once again, just doesn't seem to fit, same with Restoration Angel. However, Restoration Angel is good in conjunction with Fiend Hunters because they make setting up the infinite loop a little easier and/or can be used in place of cloudshift to perma exile and still temp exile 2 more creatures.

I like Smite because even if I don't have a big creature, I can still chump block and blow something up. I think perhaps you're leaning more towards full blown offense while I like a nice defense. Then again, maybe that's what's required of decks these days. I wish I could play test my deck against some other's I'd encounter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:08 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Hit me up, we can Cockatrice it up and use Meowth's vent. It's what we've been using to play test.

I'll make/find some Standard decks in/for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

This just hit me, and it sounds really good in my head.

Standard Golgari/Simic deck.

Scavenge and Evolve sound like they would work amazingly together. Especially with some Corpsejack Menace.

I gotta try this.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:34 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Cockatrice seems amazing. My vent is being hahgay though and/or my mic is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next