Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Xbox One and the Future of Gaming
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:06 pm  

Feckless Fool

you're right, it's infinitely worse.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:56 pm  

French Faggot

Grimmgor wrote:
you're right, it's infinitely worse.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 9:18 am  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

The more I hear, the less I like.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:33 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

http://games.slashdot.org/story/13/05/2 ... -microsoft

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:54 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Meowth wrote:
http://games.slashdot.org/story/13/05/27/1140245/xbox-one-cloud-will-quadruple-the-power-says-microsoft

Those comments. I really liked this one.

Quote:
Sorry but you'll get no sympathy from me, as much of it is their own doing. Just look at how you can take an EA game that is not even 3 years old and when you try to play the MP you get "No servers...buy our new game instead!" yet I got Half Life 1 and Team Fortress Classic, both from the late 90s, as part of a bundle and guess what? The MP works fine and doesn't cost valve squat because the gamer can host!

Nobody is sticking a gun to their head and making them build some generic triple A CoD ripoff, in fact we have ample evidence with games like Dark Souls, Amnesia, XCom, Torchlight series, hell I could go on all day naming games aimed at a niche audience that made 30%,40%, even 50% profit above and beyond what it cost to make but the publishers have become greed on wheels so bad that games like Tomb Raider S (S for Stupid God damned name that makes no sense because there already WAS a Tomb Raider with no number beside it) can sell 4 million copies at $60 a fricking pop and STILL be considered a flop!

So I'm sorry, not a single fuck to give from me, in fact I agree with Jim Sterling at Escapist that has been saying for a couple of years we are heading for a game crash and it will be the best thing to happen for gamers in years as publishers have been treating them like walking ATMs and forcing everything to be generic grey sludge to try to please every possible demographic and the world would frankly be a better place if they died out.

At the end of the day its greed, that is ALL that it is, its this endless greed on wheels that has made it so that when you shell out $60 God damned dollars for a game you often get a gimped all to fuck shitty experience because "herpa de derp, you didn't give us $50 for the levels we ripped out and relabeled as DLC herpa de derpa", it is the endless greed that is made anything less than WoW or CoD money an instant failure, its the endless greed that refuses to look at hard evidence like the numbers Valve published showing that by selling L4D at a $20 or less price point they ended up not only making 1700% profit thanks to digital distribution removing copying costs but also made them insane amounts of money by bringing in new fans that bought everything from T-shirts to action figures, and its endless greed that has removed every single positive the console had over the PC thus making them worthless for the average person.

So you'll excuse me if I don't shed a single tear to see these bloated corporate monsters choke to death on their endless desire for every higher profits and need to bump the stock price, the whole lot of them is worthless as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:27 pm  

Twittering Twat

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/article ... aster-Race

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:07 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yep, it's settled. This new generation is so bad, I will be re-joining the master race full time. Starting with building my own computer.

Congrats Microsoft, you lost a champion of "consoles aren't that bad" -- hope you're happy.

Azelma

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:16 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I'd sooner stop gaming than swap to full time PC gaming.

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

Post subject: Re: Re: Xbox One and the Future of Gaming
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:48 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Azelma wrote:
Yep, it's settled. This new generation is so bad, I will be re-joining the master race full time. Starting with building my own computer.

Congrats Microsoft, you lost a champion of "consoles aren't that bad" -- hope you're happy.

Maybe that was Bill's goal all along, boost Windows 8 sales.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:10 pm  

Feckless Fool

Azelma wrote:

just get whatever has the games you like instead of "hurr ill only play one system". besides, by not buying an Xbone you aren't going to miss anything if last gen is anything to judge by. 360 wasn't exactly filled to the brim with exclusives.

Last edited by Grimmgor on Thu May 30, 2013 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:17 pm  

Deliciously Trashy

Fantastique wrote:
I'd sooner stop gaming than swap to full time PC gaming.

ur dum

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:48 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

That is pretty fucking stupid fanta.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:33 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

If nothing else, it's nerdier to game on a computer than on a console (by society's standard, of course). It's more expensive, comes with more hassle for someone like me who doesn't know computers as much as you fudhs, and were I to get a controller so that it feels like a console I'd be limiting my screen size.

But mainly because its more nerdy of course!

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 pm  

Feckless Fool

i don't even know what nerd means anymore

Laetitia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:46 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Fantastique wrote:
If nothing else, it's nerdier to game on a computer than on a console (by society's standard, of course). It's more expensive, comes with more hassle for someone like me who doesn't know computers as much as you fudhs, and were I to get a controller so that it feels like a console I'd be limiting my screen size.

But mainly because its more nerdy of course!

You don't need to blow $1200 or more on a new desktop like myself buying the newest and bestest things. Not counting a monitor, I can show you a PC that will run perfectly capable costing about what a PS3 was at launch. And how does a controller limit screen size?

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next