Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:19 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:23 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

If he was to be convicted on anything it would have been manslaughter.

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:57 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

What's the difference between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin?

George Zimmerman dodged a bullet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:54 am  

Obtuse Oaf

A couple of you guys keep insisting that Zimmerman picked the fight. Why? If I follow someone at a distance I'm observing. If that person comes up and confronts me and then attacks me, I'm acting in self-defense. You are taking the act of following to be aggressive, which it isn't.

Zimmermans story has stayed consistent, and police initially cleared him. It wasn't until the parents claimed racism (about a black police chief no less) that a special prosecution was arranged. The whole thing was a waste of money.

And great, one of Zimmerman's parents is white. So is one of Obama's. He must be white too, right?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:27 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

He was pursuing, not observing. He had already observed all he needed to observe, and decided to take action. And, funny thought, I sincerely wonder if the ladies here would call it "observing" and "not aggressive" if some guy was observing you or your kids or others you care about. From a distance, of course, so it's all good? Just curious, not trying to be inflammatory.

Addendum: I know we're already talking about it in FUBU2.0 so don't feel obligated to reply here. I think one place for this debate is enough lol

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:40 pm  

Feckless Fool

Callysta wrote:
A couple of you guys keep insisting that Zimmerman picked the fight. Why? If I follow someone at a distance I'm observing. If that person comes up and confronts me and then attacks me, I'm acting in self-defense. You are taking the act of following to be aggressive, which it isn't.

I consider the act of following to be aggressive. The only time where it could not be considered aggressive is if the person being followed knows that the other person is following him/her or if the person being followed eventually realizes that he/she is being followed and is okay with it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:28 pm  

MegaFaggot 5000

Callysta wrote:

Why the hell are you following someone in the first place? He called the police and they told him to stop following Martin, but he still kept on anyways. If someone is following you to a house filled with your loved ones, you're going to at least confront the person.

Quote:
Zimmermans story has stayed consistent,

No, it hasn't. The prosecution even used an interview he did on Hannity as evidence because it wildly varies from the statement he gave police, implying that he's a compulsive liar.
Quote:
and police initially cleared him.

They weren't even going to press charges until it became a media frenzy that a guy shot a black kid in cold blood and was going to walk away completely free, when obviously if the situation was reversed Martin would've been sent to jail almost immediately. Hell, a black woman a while back got convicted and sent to 20 years for shooting warning shots in her home at an abusive husband that was gunning for her and she tried to use the same statute that Zimmerman did to get off. Laws like this are a very one-way street.

Quote:
And great, one of Zimmerman's parents is white. So is one of Obama's. He must be white too, right?

Yes, you're exactly right. That's how having parents of different ethnicity works.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:29 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 pm  

Twittering Twat

ZOMG, United States Justices is great, this is like a tv show, you got Zimmerman who kills a kid and gets off, while a black woman gets 20 years for firing warning shots.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/ ... -zimmerman

edit* sorry, should have said MURICAN JUSTICE!.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:08 pm  

Twittering Twat

Holy shit, she's not the only one, this other dude too got 20 years for warning shots, what the hell is wrong with florida.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200906 ... /906195060

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:13 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Honestly that lady should have probably been found not guilty too, and she definitely should have shot that fool.

warning shots? if you have a firearm, you NEVER fire a warning shot. there is absolutely no legal protection for warning shots. And really, there shouldn't be.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:23 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Superchat wrote:
Holy shit, she's not the only one, this other dude too got 20 years for warning shots, what the hell is wrong with florida.

http://www.theledger.com/article/200906 ... /906195060

I live here. ;]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:02 am  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Unfortunately if you pull a fire arm on someone and they DON'T end up dead you are going to get boned in the courts by there testimony.

Since Martin could not come to his own defense it became virtually impossible to convict Zimmerman based on the merits of the evidence they did have. None of the testimony could prove w/o a doubt who threw the first punch/initiated the scrum. You need "good" evidence to convict someone of anything and all you need is a lack of "good" evidence for someone to get away with something.

We will never know what really happened since only one person(alive) saw it happen and he is the only one who stands to lose/gain from the truth.

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 am  

Malodorous Moron

or you could google the husband's side of the story... since we're all now paid jurors and case experts.

http://m.jacksonville.com/news/crime/20 ... d-shooting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:48 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

oh we all fell into the trap thinking that women are never violent and never harm others.

I feel guilty now.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:19 pm  

Twittering Twat

Another White dude killing a black kid, wow, I keep forgetting how dangerous the states are.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2Z8vDKpVY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next