Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 3:22 pm

Post subject: 23 Missing hours on a Paycheck
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:46 pm  

Feckless Fool

I need advice.

I've been working at Which Wich (sandwich shop) for about a month and a half now. When I started working at the store, they didn't immediately add me to the 'clock-in' system. The store manager and I sit down to talk about the missing hours on my first paycheck, and he says that he will compensate me for the 23 hours that I worked 'off the clock'.

He tells me that he'll add it to my next paycheck by adding 23 hours into my next clock in. I receive the next paycheck and the 23 hours weren't there. He then tells me that he tried all that he could; to which I tell him, if that's the case, I'll be contacting higher management to see if they can fix it. He defensively replies, "Alright, but if you do that, they'll probably just cuss you out. They had a loss in the family so it's not smart." I continue my argument and he then tells me with a shrug, "You don't have to work here if you don't want to."

I have 2 shift leader employees who can back my case and 2 more shift leader employees who used to work with me during the time, all of whom can back my story.

Should I contact my state's division of labor or instead attempt to speak with higher management?

Post subject: Re: 23 Missing hours on a Paycheck
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:01 pm  
Kunckleheaded Knob

How badly do you need the 160$? If its desperate you can try contacting but you will be starting a long and painful process that you may or may not win. I am currently owed a paycheck from my previous employer and I am debating what to do. It really depends on how badly you need it and how much you are willing to fight for it. These type of complaints can take a LONG time before you receive any compensation.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mazeltov

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:41 pm  

Feckless Fool

When you're making pennies, $160 is enough to fight for. Besides, it's rightfully mine.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:03 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Well shit that is a pickle. I'd go to the division of labor first. Ask them what you would need to do before you go anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:07 pm  
Kunckleheaded Knob

Of course it is rightfully yours, and of course the fact that you are working for low pay makes it even more necessary. That is why I said if you need it to get by then go for it. I'm just warning you that it won't get done even remotely quickly. DoL will take up to 2 weeks to contact your employer about the issue, the employer will then have 1-2 weeks to get back to DoL, then it will continue with the back and forth. You may need to file a suit in small claims court. Like I said next thing you know you would have made more money just working a new job for that period of time. I'm still waiting on several thousand dollars in back pay that was due to me several weeks ago, and I just received backpay from October and November this month after a lengthy dispute process. It's unfortunate and sucks but that's my experience from both sides of the spectrum (management that had to deal with labor disputes as well as management that wasn't getting paid on time by ownership).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mazeltov

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Or you could set the building on fire.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:57 pm  

Twittering Twat

Usdk wrote:
Or you could set the building on fire.

Toast to them with your own brand of cocktails

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:29 am  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Payroll is literally a phone call or quick email to fix. I'm pretty sure your manager is a retard. Contact HR and enjoy your $160.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:21 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

Yes, it sounds like HE fuckerized something, and doesn't want to be called on it by his boss(es). He's trying to discourage you from calling so he doesn't look bad.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:53 am  

Feckless Fool

he's definitely coming across as a bit of a cunt

probably knows how replaceable he is too, i'd imagine that manager of a sammich shop ain't too different from manager of a maccas which you can do at a real young age, over here anyway. sounds scared of the bosses. what a child

i'd wager that there isn't even an HR department to speak of. sounds like a mom and pop franchise deal, rather than a company with a large payroll, but if there is an HR / Payroll person go directly to them, and try not to sound too militant, or speak ill of your blouse of a manager

it's about you getting your rightfully earned dorrah, and little more

Laetitia

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:02 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Get your documentation in order, and then go on up the chain.

23 hours of work is what you're owed - don't stop until you get paid for it.

Also, your manager sounds like a big time piece of shit. I hate how shift managers at fast food restaurants / sandwich shops / movie theaters get this inferiority complex thing and start trying to throw their dick around.

It's pathetic.

Azelma

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:32 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

Fuck that dude, find another job. You don't want to work at a place like that.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I don't know how anyone can stomach working in retail.

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:34 pm  
Tasty Tourist

Azelma wrote:
Also, your manager sounds like a big time piece of shit. I hate how shift managers at fast food restaurants / sandwich shops / movie theaters get this inferiority complex thing and start trying to throw their dick around.

It's pathetic.

The customers are even worse :(

But yeah, sounds like you need to make sure that this guy doesn't keep acting like a giant turd. If you can afford to, that is

Alopex

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:46 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Yeah i just don't get some managers... Once i had an employee forget to clock in, so i went to edit his punch and my boss was like... Uhh no that's too bad for him, he needs to be responsible etc... I went and payed the kid out of pocket though, just because i don't believe in that shit. I want people to get payed if they're working.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2