Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 6:12 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: @Legend of Korra
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:31 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

AMG CAN'T WAIT ONLY 6.5 MORE HOURS

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:51 pm  

Deliciously Trashy

Spoiler (highlight to view):
I WAS JUST LIKE KISS ALREADY AGAIN AND AIRBENDING AND BUMI AND WHATAMONWHAT TARLOKK :(((

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:53 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Hm.

I'm not sure what to think of the finale.

Will make another post when I collect my thoughts on it lol.

[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:08 pm  

Deliciously Trashy

Was a little deus ex machina with

Spoiler (highlight to view):
'LOL we'll just give you back you're bending and you can fix everyone elses' but the next seasons would've devolved into her relearning/unlocking her bending which would've been pretty much the same as ATLA.

Have a tears/crying headache though, need to go lie down. I need to finish my Korra cosplay even more now T_T

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:37 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I'm a smidge disappointed. I can't shake it. I want to love this finale, but I can't.

Concerns: Amon being the awesome villain he was built up to be, Asami's shitty situation, and the aforementioned deus ex machina.

First, why did they have to make Amon another run-of-the-mill villain after painstakingly making him one of the best baddies ever seen? I was even beginning to sympathize with him! Him being a bloodbender didn't make me go "AMG NO WAI", rather it was more like "...really?" And how about an explanation as to why he wants no benders in the world? Why even start the Equalist movement in the first place if he himself is a bender and didn't get his face melted off/family murdered by a firebender?

Second, why was it okay for Asami to be buttfucked this whole time? She loves Mako, but his heart belongs to another. Okay, fine. But why go about it like a coward? And how is she okay with it? Seemed unrealistic, as most women would not stand for it (women who are worth a damn anyway, as Asami has proved herself to be).

Finally, why take the last 2 minutes of the show and try to make a nice happy ending? Do not like. What kept me wanting to watch was the fact that it always seemed that the characters were getting their asses kicked (the people with the powers were actually losing for once) and episodes were ending on dark notes. THAT'S what made it so intriguing, so thought-provoking. I was really upset that Korra had lost her bending, but in a good way. Now where are they going to go from here? I know I know, I was asking myself that question when ATLA ended too, but still. This book was called Air, and rightfully so because she was trying to learn airbending. That was the perfect setup for the next season(s), as they could have been about her re-learning the other bending arts. It could have been different from ATLA, like no world travel and whatnot, while dealing with some new threat. Yeah, I know, it's predictable. But anything is better than a two-minute hodge podge happy ending.

The episodes weren't bad, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy them. But I won't be rewatching this finale over and over as I did with Sozin's Comet. Perhaps this could have been alleviated with a 4 part finale? Idk. I hope the release information on the next season soon.

[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:31 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Yeah the whole Amon being a bender thing kinda just seemed like a cheap ploy for a dramatic twist. You knew there would be one with him but I don't like the way they handled it. And the whole "hey everyone get your bending back" at the end just annoyed me. Would have been more interesting to (imo) spend the next season trying to figure out a way to get their bending back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:09 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Korra only has like 12 episodes and they delayed it for ~2 years?

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:48 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I think it was one year, but still, it was enough time for a rewrite after they got the green light for a second season.

Or, we could have faith in the writers and await season 2 which will somehow turn this less than stellar finale into the best thing since sliced bread?

[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:35 am  

French Faggot

Zaryi wrote:
Have a tears/crying headache though, need to go lie down. I need to finish my Korra cosplay even more now T_T

Crybaby.

Fantastique wrote:
I'm a smidge disappointed. I can't shake it. I want to love this finale, but I can't.

Concerns: Amon being the awesome villain he was built up to be, Asami's shitty situation, and the aforementioned deus ex machina.

First, why did they have to make Amon another run-of-the-mill villain after painstakingly making him one of the best baddies ever seen? I was even beginning to sympathize with him! Him being a bloodbender didn't make me go "AMG NO WAI", rather it was more like "...really?" And how about an explanation as to why he wants no benders in the world? Why even start the Equalist movement in the first place if he himself is a bender and didn't get his face melted off/family murdered by a firebender?

Second, why was it okay for Asami to be buttfucked this whole time? She loves Mako, but his heart belongs to another. Okay, fine. But why go about it like a coward? And how is she okay with it? Seemed unrealistic, as most women would not stand for it (women who are worth a damn anyway, as Asami has proved herself to be).

Finally, why take the last 2 minutes of the show and try to make a nice happy ending? Do not like. What kept me wanting to watch was the fact that it always seemed that the characters were getting their asses kicked (the people with the powers were actually losing for once) and episodes were ending on dark notes. THAT'S what made it so intriguing, so thought-provoking. I was really upset that Korra had lost her bending, but in a good way. Now where are they going to go from here? I know I know, I was asking myself that question when ATLA ended too, but still. This book was called Air, and rightfully so because she was trying to learn airbending. That was the perfect setup for the next season(s), as they could have been about her re-learning the other bending arts. It could have been different from ATLA, like no world travel and whatnot, while dealing with some new threat. Yeah, I know, it's predictable. But anything is better than a two-minute hodge podge happy ending.

The episodes weren't bad, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy them. But I won't be rewatching this finale over and over as I did with Sozin's Comet. Perhaps this could have been alleviated with a 4 part finale? Idk. I hope the release information on the next season soon.

Spoilers: it's rated Y7 and it runs on Saturday mornings. It's going to have a happy ending.

With all the shit Bryan and Michael managed to get past the radar (there's a friggin' murder-suicide in the finale) in the first place, I don't have much to complain about. That Amon was a bloodbender was pretty much the only internally-consistent explanation for him resisting Tarrlok, for his ability to react quickly to other people, and for his capability to lock others out of bending. It might be a little hypocritical of him to use his bending to remove that of others and accuse them all of being tyrants, but think where he was coming from: his father forced him to learn how to torture people inside their own skins, all as revenge against the Avatar. It was a shitty situation, and Amon concluded that bending was the source of everything wrong with the world. He's kind of right, too. Yakone was a threat because he could bloodbend. The Fire Nation in the original series tried to burn down 70% of the planet. Chin the Conqueror in the Kyoshi flashbacks was an Earthbending tyrant. So yeah, his "firebenders batman'd my parents" was a lie, but he needed something to rally non-benders with. And yes, had he succeeded, he would have effectively been the only bender left in the world, but it's possible he'd have the grace not to use it. The point of the scene where he threatens to de-bend the Tenzin and his kids isn't to showcase "mwahaha I am evil," it's to make it clear that there will be no exceptions to the equality.

I kind of agree that Asami got the short end of the stick here, but they're all teenagers. That the lot of them (Mako especially) aren't particularly eloquent about their feelings or possessed of very much self-control when it comes to trying to get together is, if anything, fairly realistic.

As for the ending, at first I thought Korra making the spirit connection was canned. Second time around, what Aang said (when Avatars are at their lowest, the spirits come calling) made a lot more sense. She was gonna fucking jump, man. She was going to force the cycle to continue by killing herself. That she took a step back and didn't off herself is what made Aang decide "all right, she chose life, she's cool enough to be a real Avatar now." And I'm not all that concerned that she can give people their bending back. Aang learned to energy bend at the end of the first series, which could very conceivably have granted bending as easily as removing it. He's her past life, so she can access his knowledge. Problem solved.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:39 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

You've made me feel a bit better about it.

<3

[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 pm  

Feckless Fool

Started the first episode. It's pretty cool. I dig it. Good thing I don't read Fant's posts, otherwise he'd have spoiled stuff!

heh jk fant

Edit: and now I understand who makes this face:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:16 pm  

Deliciously Trashy

Yuratuhl wrote:
Zaryi wrote:

Crybaby.

fangirl*

Yuratuhl wrote:
As for the ending, at first I thought Korra making the spirit connection was canned. Second time around, what Aang said (when Avatars are at their lowest, the spirits come calling) made a lot more sense. She was gonna fucking jump, man. She was going to force the cycle to continue by killing herself. That she took a step back and didn't off herself is what made Aang decide "all right, she chose life, she's cool enough to be a real Avatar now." And I'm not all that concerned that she can give people their bending back. Aang learned to energy bend at the end of the first series, which could very conceivably have granted bending as easily as removing it. He's her past life, so she can access his knowledge. Problem solved.

I felt this part was the weakest part of the episode, not for content but just because it felt tacked on and rushed. It could've easily been a final episode to the season, instead of the last 3 minutes of one. Would've felt a little less canned imho.

I really hope Amon's not dead :/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:31 pm  

French Faggot

Zaryi wrote:
I really hope Amon's not dead :/

I really hope he is. It was a good scene, and it'd be shit if they were like "surprise, he made it."

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I just really liked thinking he was just SUCH a badass nonbender that he could resist Tarlokk's bloodbending. It just made him so much scarier. Now I find out that he was cheating.. do not like.

I don't mind the tacked on happy ending as much as how Amon went from super-scary-and-respectable villain to run-of-the-mill liar villain.. all in the span of one episode. When he took off his mask and showed the scar, I was like "thank goodness, Tarlokk was lying" but nop.

I'm more sad than angry.

[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:15 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

How's that detaining enemies with deadly weapons working out?

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next