Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:15 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cop totally snaps
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:21 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

i bet a lot of cops start out as really good people wanting to help and whatnot, but dat power.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:53 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Dotzilla wrote:
i bet a lot of cops start out as really good people wanting to help and whatnot, but dat power.

Reading the manifesto makes it very clear that's not the case. Do you really think the power corrupted them into being neo-Nazis? There was an undercover BBC investigation a few years back of cadets being caught on tape admitting they joined the force to beat Indians up.

People who want power aren't necessarily bad people. But people who decide to become cops are a certain type of person. People who want power, want violent power, have a gang mentality, are acceptable to like-minded people, and are too unintelligent to do anything else with themselves.

That's not to say we're not better off for having cops, or that all cops are bad. I've met some good cops (and even they admit cops are mostly bad). If we didn't have garbagemen, the world would really stink. Takes a certain type of person to become a garbageman, though. You may meet the odd person just trying to get by. But it does take a certain mentality to stick with the field.

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

Last edited by Aestu on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:56 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Dealing with the dregs of humanity day in and day out would also wear down a person.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:01 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Most cops do not deal with the dregs of humanity any more than anyone who works retail or at the DMV, or has the misfortune of living in a troubled neighborhood.

That is just part of their gangster mentality - they like to think themselves better than the common citizen. Sitting in a cruiser all day, sorting out domestic disputes, responding to this or that complaint, sitting around the office, whatever, does not expose you to the "dregs of society" any more than anyone else.

By and large, cops ARE the dregs of society. Poorly educated, in love with force.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Says the guy rooting for the murderer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:19 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I never said I was rooting for him. I merely said it is not so black and white. I could just as easily say you are rooting for the thugs.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:11 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I never root for vigilantes. And I know better than you do the difference between a good cop, a bad cop, and just some dude doing his job.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:32 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

To be a vigilante means that one is taking the law into one's own hands. This man is not doing that. He is acting out a personal grudge because he was cornered by the administration. A vigilante tries to solve other people's problems, but this guy's battle is his own.

As to the latter, what's your basis for your claim you know better? Because you're buddies with cops? Isn't that the same as saying you're biased?

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:27 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Aestu may not be rooting for him, but IF what the crazy gunman says is true...then there's some fucked up shit going on in the LAPD (what a fucking shocker). The Justice Department has already let the LAPD off of their monitoring (probably because the current administration running the White House is tight with the mayor), and after four or five years this guy finally realized no one is going to do jack shit about it. If he's not just demented and obsessed then I'M rooting for him.

So what do you do in his position? Go to the press? It's a he-said-they-said, and it's the LAPD. Their reputation is such that anyone with any sense should assume they'll be harassed at best and God-knows-what at worst. The state government continues to do nothing about the LAPD. The Feds aren't going to do anything about it. WHAT DO YOU DO?

I think I've said about a billion times on this board that doing the right thing doesn't mean anything if you don't do it the right way, but if your every avenue to the right thing done the right way is blocked, where do you steer?

So I say fuck 'em. They've already shot up at least two trucks just for looking like the one the suspect was driving, and they shot up one of those other trucks after the suspect's truck had been set on fire and turned into a smoldering wreck. I hope this drags out, and if the people he's after have done what he says, I hope he gets more of them and the continuing bullshit brings a spotlight down on the LAPD that will finally make someone clean up their shit. If those people haven't done what he says, I hope he's caught (which he won't be...the LAPD has already released a statement that basically says they're not going to even try to take him alive).

I try to give cops the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not naive. Let the guilty burn if it's coming to them.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:55 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Something like that.

This guy is a murderer. Sure, whatever. But through this sad episode, the LAPD has killed many, many more people than this guy did, by just shooting at random people. And they're not being brought to justice for their misdeeds.

Nihilism is a copout.

Post subject: Cop totally snaps
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 am  

Str8 Actin Dude

Aestu wrote:
And they're not being brought to justice for their misdeeds.

"I'm just doing my job."

Brawlsack

Taking an extended hiatus from gaming

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:53 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

I was all for Fudge Dredd(I'm going to keep calling him this) going on a rampage killing corrupt cops.

Until he killed people who were uninvolved in the issue. Innocents getting killed is bad for everyone.

That said, it immediately got really hard to root for the LAPD to catch the guy because they started shooting up random cars that "match the description."

There's been cop killers before, a million dollar bounty? I feel like there's a lot missing to this story.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

New automotive trend in the Los Angeles area:

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:00 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I doubt he has the balls to actually drive around with that. Not a bit of dirt or dust on it.

I wouldn't either.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:14 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Aestu wrote:
I doubt he has the balls to actually drive around with that. Not a bit of dirt or dust on it.

I wouldn't either.

Might as well ask the cops to harass you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next