Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:22 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: CNN tests drivers after smoking up to 1 Gram of weed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:39 pm  

Feckless Fool

You sound quite angry, Aestu.

Why don't you come sit down and hit this vaporizer with us?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:04 am  

Blathering Buffoon

Agreed. Ethan, at any time you're welcome to head to Madison and siphon off some of that negative energy with a fatty.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:07 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Dotzilla wrote:
Agreed. Ethan, at any time you're welcome to head to Madison and siphon off some of that negative energy with a fatty.

You will pretend to be kidding, but the very fact this way of thinking is anything but repulsive to you completely validates everything I said.

Anger and what it accomplishes is the strongest of all positive influences on this world. Allowing the pothead mentality to pervade society would be enormously destructive. What you would see is the loser mentality, "WAAAH SOMEONE IS ANGRY ABOUT SOMETHING WHERES MY BONG", wreaking its influence on every aspect of life.

The same people who want pot - and by that I don't mean the people vaguely in favor of legalization, I mean the people for whom legalization is not merely a way of shitcanning a complex issue but something that they actually have a personal interest in, and it's only because of those people legalization is even an argument - are the same people who lazily tune into FOX or other canned media and believe whatever will allow them to rise and shine another day without having to feel the unpleasant sensation of their brain working.

These are the same people who prefer to blame their problems on mythical bogeyman rather than consider that the world they live in bears changing. These are the same people who resist any kind of change to any aspect of life (save those that result in their own immediate gratification, of course) because they are deadset on getting by on sheer inertia. These are the same people who oppose anything resembling sacrifice on the basis of what they call freedom, but what they really mean is self-gratification.

Pot, the arguments to legalize it, all wind back up at that single ideological crossroads. "I want to feel good right now."

Those who know me, know I value freedom above all else. This basic value influences every aspect of my life. Freedom, as they say, is not free, and it is those emotions to which potheads are so opposed that are the true cost of freedom. I am virulently and uncompromisingly opposed to the legalization of pot because I know that legalizing pot would utterly destroy freedom. Legalizing pot would shackle society to a miasma of chemically induced apathy, destroy the anger, the sense of being upset, of finding life unacceptable, that is the COST of freedom.

Legalizing chemical apathy would give a free hand to those who would enslave us to their own greed and will to power. Nor would the personal choice to not do pot save our individual freedom...for those who would take away our freedom, would always be able to enlist the masses of the indolent and apathetic, those who feel that all that matters to them in this world is filling their bongs, to ensure things remain as they are - appeal to their sense of inertia. FOX News on steroids. Literally.

Anyway, all that can be said has been said. I rest my case.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:17 am  

Blathering Buffoon

Oh I've no doubt that legalizing it now will drastically change America in the next 50 years, because suddenly instead of people advocating/lobbying for its legalization due to the billions of dollars available to made, you will have people advocating/lobbying because they grew up making billions of dollars, using it, like it, etc.

The great thing about weed is that when you smoke it (for me and others, but by no means everyone) removes all semblance of emotion from your mind and allows you think coldly, logically, and orderly. Which is why I love to smoke and write code. I only smoke at night, so I can't comment on that effect during the day, but I can say I approach things cautiously, calmly, and rationally. For that reason, I like to think that the human brain evolved around that need for balance. I think people have been using it for thousands of years as a counterweight, to quiet the noise in their minds.

That being said, I do think everything should be experienced in moderation and in the past, I have habitually smoked for a time (all day, every day) and your thinking eventually becomes unbalanced the other way. Life seems fuzzy and so good, that you just don't feel like doing anything, really. That was unacceptable. For me, anyway. I'm interested in the balance and peace it brings me, but life is never as sweet without the sour.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

The list of people more successful than Aestu who have also smoked, or currently smoke, pot is quite long.

Aestu, you just seem mad bro.

Maybe try eating a delicious "special" brownie. Easier on the lungs and will mellow you out some.

Azelma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 am  

Blathering Buffoon

Seriously, Ethan. You can move out here and be my roommate. What better idea for a sitcom do you have than the grizzled, post-war, pothead veteran living with the socially awkward, disenfranchised, undisputed king of semantic rhetoric?

I'll even get you a job at Trader Joe's.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:03 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Azelma wrote:
The list of people more successful than Aestu who have also smoked, or currently smoke, pot is quite long.

As are the list of people who have not smoked. There are also many successful people who are pedophiles, does that mean pedophilia should be legal? How many of those "successful" people smoke pot to silence their demons so they can make money unimpeded by concern?

Dotzilla wrote:
Oh I've no doubt that legalizing it now will drastically change America in the next 50 years, because suddenly instead of people advocating/lobbying for its legalization due to the billions of dollars available to made, you will have people advocating/lobbying because they grew up making billions of dollars, using it, like it, etc.

You're absolutely right - the tobacco and pharmaceutical industries are great guys.

Dotzilla wrote:
The great thing about weed is that when you smoke it (for me and others, but by no means everyone) removes all semblance of emotion from your mind and allows you think coldly, logically, and orderly. Which is why I love to smoke and write code.

THX 1138

Dotzilla wrote:
I only smoke at night, so I can't comment on that effect during the day, but I can say I approach things cautiously, calmly, and rationally.

What you really mean is, you decide what you want believe has to be true.

Dotzilla wrote:
For that reason, I like to think that the human brain evolved around that need for balance. I think people have been using it for thousands of years as a counterweight, to quiet the noise in their minds.

So do you have scientific proof of this? Or is this just another thing you like to believe because it flatters your craving for chems?

Well, I'll elaborate. It is actually true - but not as you believe. The truth is, all faiths, since the beginning of time, have always tried to cynically capitalize on the power of chemicals to break human rationality. The Oracle of Delphi, for example, used psychedelic mushrooms; the Maya had a royal monopoly on chocolate; and all Western faiths except Islam have prayers and rituals specifically connected with alcohol.

This unbroken pattern is also proof that shrinkology is not a science, but a religion.

Dotzilla wrote:
Seriously, Ethan. You can move out here and be my roommate. What better idea for a sitcom do you have than the grizzled, post-war, pothead veteran living with the socially awkward, disenfranchised, undisputed king of semantic rhetoric?

The abundance of people willing to fight wars only proves the abundance of stupid people. Having fought in a meaningless war proves nothing more and nothing less than that you were stupid enough to go do it in the first place, and even stupider to come back and think it was actually an honorable or commendable thing to do.

You try to sound sarcastic but the truth is that being a "king of semantic rhetoric" is a far higher honor than what you can lay claim to. As they say, a free man chooses, a slave obeys; and when you are in the military, or on weed, you obey; the rhetorician chooses.

Nihilism is a copout.

Last edited by Aestu on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:07 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Dude you sound high as fuck aestu.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:15 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

This is heavy stuff, dude.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:49 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I don't recall defining "success" in pure monetary terms. That's your projection there, Aestu. ;)

Azelma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Azelma wrote:
I don't recall defining "success" in pure monetary terms. That's your projection there, Aestu. ;)

Go ahead, then. Set me straight.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

People define success in either achieving what they have achieved, or trying to achieve what they want.

I could give a fuck about winning an oscar, but I'm not concerned with acting. Actors, on the other hand, see it as one of the highest successes they can achieve.

Clear enough?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:40 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I'd accept that definition - what about those who shoot low?

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:13 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Doesn't matter where or what your goals are, it matters whether or not you reach them. Other people might care what your goals are, but you never really cared what they thought anyway, so why bother now?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9