Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:23 pm

Post subject: Looking for Guild
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:59 am  
Tasty Tourist

Here's what's up. I'm looking to return to WoW after a fair absence (I quit playing mid Cataclysm when my old guild basically disbanded, everyone going their separate ways). As the title suggests, I'm looking for a new guild to join when I re-up (which I'm going to do tomorrow night).

I'm looking for a horde guild that raids well, but that aren't a bunch of big floppy dicks. Organized PVP is a plus, but not a requirement. I'm cool with any loot system that isn't loot council, though I've got the most experience with DKP.

About me:
I'm a veteran player; I've played WoW since release week, and in every expansion except Mists. My raid experience in order of most played to least is as a main tank, off tank, raid healer, tank healer, and DPS. In short, I have done / can do anything, but I particularly shine as a tank. I'm cool making a totally new character for the guild (if you want say, a priest healer, and I don't have one kicking around) with whatever the desired professions are. If you want me to make something completely new though, it'll take a bit of time. I have most of the +xp gear, but you know how it is, it takes a while to slingshot to max level. I've also got experience raid leading, in the off chance you're out a raid leader and need someone who knows how all the bells and whistles work (though I admit my addons are a bit out of date).

My schedule for the next 14 days or so is going to be 'spring break'; I'll be playing WoW all day most days. After that, it's back to college. While I'm in school, school comes first; I won't be here Tuesday and Thursday during the day, and probably won't be here Wednesdays at all, but other than that, my schedule is pretty flexible. I'm a good raider; I won't miss raids unless I have to (if it's say, midterms or finals week and I have to study my tits off), and if I have to, I'll let you know as far in advance as I can so you can plan for it and have a backup waiting.

That said, I'm not interested in being a backup. I should be able to make 95% of raids, and I want a spot on an actual team, even if it's a B or C team (depending on how big your guild is). If I have to run an actual raid with you before I can get on a team, that's fine, but again, it'll take me a bit to get to level 90 and get raid worthy gear depending on circumstances, so it may be most practical to just invite me and kick me out later if you hate the shit out of me.

Lets see, other info... I'm used to vent as a VOIP, but I know my way around teamspeak if you like it / want it / gotta have it. I'm on pacific standard time, so 9 eastern is 6 for me. My characters currently on Bleeding Hollow are: Paladin (85) this was my main character / tank, Hunter (55), Druid (85), Warrior (66), Mage (34), Shaman (63), Rogue (37).

Post subject: Re: Looking for Guild
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:32 am  

French Faggot

Buddy, lemme start off by saying welcome to FUBU.

That said, I think everyone who reads or posts here is either a casual or has quit entirely, myself being the only exception (Tempest is recruiting but only interested if you're 90 and geared, so yeah). We use this place to post random nonsense, talk about politics, bitch about our day like teenage girls, invent personal drama that we then take very very seriously because this is the internet, and make fun of each other incessantly.

If what you're looking for is a serious guild that'll do actual stuff, I'd recommend perusing the numerous recruitment threads on the official Bleeding Hollow forums. We're the peanut gallery. The clowns in the audience. Mystery Science Theater 3000. That new kid in elementary school who won't shut the fuck up about how things used to be at his old school. But yeah, enjoy your stay (if you choose to)!

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:41 am  

MegaFaggot 5000

I installed a trial account on my computer and the first thing I did was did a /who tempest and attempted to bombard people with tells until someone told me where Rbd was.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:57 am  

Obtuse Oaf

Mns wrote:
I installed a trial account on my computer and the first thing I did was did a /who tempest and attempted to bombard people with tells until someone told me where Rbd was.

I logged on for all of 5 minutes with my trial and from what I could tell, Mr.Ewok still idles in coileverything.

█▀█ █ █░█ █░█ █ █░ █▀█ █░█ █▀▀
█▀▄ █ █▀▄ █▀▄ █ █░ █▀█ █▀▄ █▀▀
▀░▀ ▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀
sunshine.kittens.bubblegum.happythoughts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:00 am  
Tasty Tourist

Yuratuhl wrote:
Buddy, lemme start off by saying welcome to FUBU.

That said, I think everyone who reads or posts here is either a casual or has quit entirely, myself being the only exception (Tempest is recruiting but only interested if you're 90 and geared, so yeah). We use this place to post random nonsense, talk about politics, bitch about our day like teenage girls, invent personal drama that we then take very very seriously because this is the internet, and make fun of each other incessantly.

If what you're looking for is a serious guild that'll do actual stuff, I'd recommend perusing the numerous recruitment threads on the official Bleeding Hollow forums. We're the peanut gallery. The clowns in the audience. Mystery Science Theater 3000. That new kid in elementary school who won't shut the fuck up about how things used to be at his old school. But yeah, enjoy your stay (if you choose to)!

Haha, that's awesome. :D Alright man, will do (both enjoy my stay and check out the official forums looking for guilds), thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:11 am  

Feckless Fool

Damn, Tempest still exists?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 pm  

Deliciously Trashy

Yeah, but they were off BH for

2 years?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:44 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Xeoni wrote:
Damn, Tempest still exists?

Yea they came back to BH for MoP. They left when Cata came out(Became Space People on some dead sever) because Tasty Beverage was going to get all the server fir..... I mean because BH was to laggy... Yea thats what it was... Right.
<.<
>.>

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:52 pm  

MegaFaggot 5000

If they transferred due to Tasty Beverage, I'm pretty impressed, considering I remember them making threads on their forums and Rabid pissing and moaning about server lag for a good amount of time before they actually left.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:58 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I never noticed any massive server lag.

Doesn't mean the instances weren't fucked, but BG's and arena was fine.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:04 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Usdk wrote:
I never noticed any massive server lag.

Doesn't mean the instances weren't fucked, but BG's and arena was fine.

The servers that PvE-instances were hosted on were nothing short of awful. The lag on them would be abysmal -- assuming you even could get an instance in the first place.

█▀█ █ █░█ █░█ █ █░ █▀█ █░█ █▀▀
█▀▄ █ █▀▄ █▀▄ █ █░ █▀█ █▀▄ █▀▀
▀░▀ ▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀
sunshine.kittens.bubblegum.happythoughts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:46 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Tuesdays with patches were god awful. The rest of the time they were fine though.

The servers were not awful when they left. The BG servers were NEW(In Chicago as opposed to Boston) and the lag issues were due to Blizz changing packet definitions and it taking MONTHS for ISPs to green light them(they were being flagged as torrents and thus low priority so some paths were absolute crap).

I will grant the issue wasn't resolved until like 2 months after Cata launched but it was known what the issue was and lots of BG's were having it. It wasn't some mysterious "bad servers are bad" lag problem.

Either way I'm just poking fun at the "NBA"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:17 pm  

French Faggot

Tempest transferred in WotLK during early ICC and came back for MoP. It is an objective fact that instance server stability was an issue in ICC, though that may not have been the only reason. Tasty Beverage died like three weeks into Cata, and server firsts didn't get you anything in-game by then.

Good try though.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:31 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

"Early ICC" is a weird thing to say, the instance ran for a full year. ICC came out in early Dec09. TB came here.... in early Feb2010? Tempest Xfered in late April2010.

When Tempest left they were 4/12H and TB was 9/12H. Tempest secured there Realm First near the end of July(US91st kill and I am jelly), about 2 months after TB got the one on BH(with all the unplayable lag and such...yea...).

Were you in Tempest at the time, to know 100% of the reason why they left? I never disputed that the lag was bad, it was quite annoying. All I'm saying is they didn't up and leave JUST because it was just as laggy as it always was.

Edit: For clarity on my previous post my timing is apparently off, the new servers were not put in until I think Oct or something right after the 4.0 patch came out. The "Early ICC" lag was, if I remember, mostly a Tues/hotfix thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Mns wrote:
If they transferred due to Tasty Beverage, I'm pretty impressed, considering I remember them making threads on their forums and Rabid pissing and moaning about server lag for a good amount of time before they actually left.

Can't say I experienced this so called lag.

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music