Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: WoW's Death Continues....
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:22 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Arena is the cancer that is killing WoW.

If you think arena was good/you were good because of arena *fart noise*

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:58 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yewluze wrote:
Arena is the cancer that is killing WoW.

If you think arena was good/you were good because of arena *fart noise*

Never really cared for arenas myself.

The fact that certain class combinations all dominate the top Arena rankings show how broken it is. If it was balanced, you should be able to have any combination of classes/specs (within reason, obviously not all healer teams haha) and do quite well if you are skilled.

Azelma

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

I just found it funny that gladiators approached me for advice/practice and my rogue had never been about 1800 (lolweps).

I still say arena is meh. It's something that could be fun but people put way too much value in their ratings. It's the reason everyone loves pet battles so much. No tryhards running around flexing about their rating.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:46 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Necrachilles wrote:
I just found it funny that gladiators approached me for advice/practice and my rogue had never been about 1800 (lolweps).

I still say arena is meh. It's something that could be fun but people put way too much value in their ratings. It's the reason everyone loves pet battles so much. No tryhards running around flexing about their rating.

Because arenas and world pvp are two entirely different things and both you and Yewluze were huge cunts about world pvp being rogues. The only reason I ever had a high rating was because of Mayumi in 3s and Crownclown asked me to heal his 5s and that was massively stacked with PVE gear as it was all Tasty Beverage and Decidedly Uncouth people. When I was playing they were like 2600 or something retarded and people just died in 3 seconds or less because lolHeroism.

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:37 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Meowth wrote:
Necrachilles wrote:

Because arenas and world pvp are two entirely different things and both you and Yewluze were huge cunts about world pvp being rogues. The only reason I ever had a high rating was because of Mayumi in 3s and Crownclown asked me to heal his 5s and that was massively stacked with PVE gear as it was all Tasty Beverage and Decidedly Uncouth people. When I was playing they were like 2600 or something retarded and people just died in 3 seconds or less because lolHeroism.

Or is it because
Quote:
people put way too much value in their ratings

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 1:24 pm  

Stupid Schlemiel

tasty cupcakes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:13 pm  

Attention Whore

I'd like to think I was a bit better than Goldorc, or at least more of a tryhard....

Things that Cziiki think's killed WoW:
Hardmode Instances (Basically holy shit because you can't complete an objective to make the boss harder we'll just remake the entire instance)
Expac's felt rushed (BC = 10 lvls of amazing quests farm etc, everything else 5 levels spend at about the same time with 1/2 the effort in story telling and zones)
To a point resilience (while mages 2 shotting stuff as PoM was annoying as balls, it turned into one giant stacking competition)

I just remember the days where a raid would take 2-4 months to hit the end boss of a instance...True no one likes wiping on the same boss over and over again, but the fights were learned through blood/sweat/tears instead of a built in "AVOID THIS SHIT" guide.

Engi-nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:13 pm  

French Faggot

cziiki wrote:
I just remember the days where a raid would take 2-4 months to hit the end boss of a instance...True no one likes wiping on the same boss over and over again, but the fights were learned through blood/sweat/tears instead of a built in "AVOID THIS SHIT" guide.

Everyone likes saying this, but fights were always learned by watching videos of better guilds doing it first, datamined abilities, and universally-adhered-to strategies.

The only actual difference is the average WoW player back then was a an utterly retarded keyboard-turner, whereas the average WoW player now is a marginally less retarded mouse-mover. So everything seems easier by comparison, when in fact the early bosses in this game were stupidly, stupidly easy. Everyone was just garbage and most of the rights were tuned on the assumption that 60-70% of the raid was being carried.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:32 pm  

Attention Whore

Yuratuhl wrote:
cziiki wrote:

Everyone likes saying this, but fights were always learned by watching videos of better guilds doing it first, datamined abilities, and universally-adhered-to strategies.

The only actual difference is the average WoW player back then was a an utterly retarded keyboard-turner, whereas the average WoW player now is a marginally less retarded mouse-mover. So everything seems easier by comparison, when in fact the early bosses in this game were stupidly, stupidly easy. Everyone was just garbage and most of the rights were tuned on the assumption that 60-70% of the raid was being carried.

True mechanically a lot of the fights were simplistic but demanding in terms of coordination of a group, gear, and level of play. Looking back on BT with the shit guild i was in at the time, they could barely finish Tidecaller on nights because although the mechanics were simple they would make or break a raid, which is what I appreciated. You could potentially get to a level where gear surpassed mechanics but that took time and dedication.

Basically I just look at bosses over the last 2-3 expansion and see them being less and less demanding. (Not to say that ICC didn't have some pain in the ass bosses, but most of them were in Heroic Mode). In my mind a MMO is a grindfest to become the best, and the bosses are punishing not in mechanics but in failure to adhere to mechanics, that's what made WoW so amazing.

Engi-nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

40 man stratholme runs were way more fun than MC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:04 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

I ninja'd a DST and made friends as a result.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:47 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

<---felstriker

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9