Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: TCG Megathread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:27 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

how do I play against myself??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:17 pm  

Twittering Twat

Necrachilles wrote:
I haven't played Yugioh in like 8 years but from what I've gathered here and there, it sounds like a lot of bullshit not fun ever again. They ban all of the fun combos/errata the fuck out of shit. Some of that shit is probably rightly banned (turn 1 kills which are apparently frequent). It really looks like it's devolved into a game much like champions on League of Legends. Release new super powered shit so people will buy them. Nerf/ban them next patch to keep the peace while also releasing more new super powered shit so people will in turn buy them. Repeat. It's how money is made. That's what you get I guess when you base a card game off a comic (while pulling direct influences from other card games).

tldr: I don't like the way Yugioh is now and was having a hard time liking it when I did play.

in before Yata-Lock

Completely agree, hence why I stay away from tournaments and I play with friends where none of us make OTK decks and so forth, we usually decide on some weird rule[No lvl 4 or lower monsters, or all your monsters need to be the same type and so forth], make a new deck and challenge each other. We just tend to follow traditional rules as a base.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:48 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Fantastique wrote:
how do I play against myself??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Goldfishing

Also, I do actually play against myself literally when I playtest decks normally. I man 2-4 decks and play. The hard part is making the choices you would make not knowing the information you have (aka going all in for a kill when you know "you" have a safe passage). It's actually a good learning experience. Often times I encounter issues with the rules/mechanics and have to google them and thus learn a great deal more about my decks and have to worry less about questions coming up mid (real) match.

My favorite thing is taking all of my decks, normally just 20 or so of them, and rolling dice to make a tournament bracket and play them out against each other.

tldr: I play a lot of magic and I love to play and no one (I personally know) comes close to loving to play as much as I do.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:10 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Superchat wrote:
I know many of yall are MTG fans, but the new Yugioh Ban list came out and it is a fun one.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Card Destruction, Pot of Avarice, Monster Reborn, Heavy Storm and Solemn Judgement are all forbidden now.

Monster Reborn should have always been banned. But what the fuck with the others? PoA I can see being banned I suppose, but what is the problem with the rest?

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:37 pm  

Feckless Fool

Got my from the vault 20.

Foil Jace the Mind Sculptor! It'll be gathering dust (figuratively) for a good while now.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:40 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Xeoni wrote:
Got my from the vault 20.

Foil Jace the Mind Sculptor! It'll be gathering dust (figuratively) for a good while now.

Goodjob :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:25 am  

Feckless Fool

grats brah, fulli sick score

Laetitia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:05 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

All I'm saying is, I'm getting super pumped for this Greek Mythology tie in. Theros could easily be my favorite set.

I can't wait!

tldr: I love MTG and I love Greek (and Norse) mythology. I think I'll really love Greek Mythology based MTG.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:38 pm  

Feckless Fool

This card is going to be nuts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:04 am  

Feckless Fool

yeah this set it looking like a flavour explosion inside me

Laetitia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:22 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Yes and yes to both of those.

I might have came a little.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:44 pm  

Feckless Fool

Birds of Paradise with two more toughness, hexproof, but with Defender and a colorless more in the cost? Yes, please.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:36 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

lol I feel like Innistrad came out just yesterday and now there's yet another new set? I should invent some sort of tcg...

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:51 am  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Heyo, some of my buds want to get into magic again in a pretty casual way. We are thinking about ordering a couple booster boxes to split. As there are no card/gaming shops anywhere near where we live I was just wondering where the "best" place on the internet to buy them would be(or is it just out of the amazon seller list?).

Oh, and bonus points for the best place to buy singles(if its not the same place) since there are some cards I've always wanted to have just because.

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:37 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

DoubleH wrote:
Heyo, some of my buds want to get into magic again in a pretty casual way. We are thinking about ordering a couple booster boxes to split. As there are no card/gaming shops anywhere near where we live I was just wondering where the "best" place on the internet to buy them would be(or is it just out of the amazon seller list?).

Oh, and bonus points for the best place to buy singles(if its not the same place) since there are some cards I've always wanted to have just because.

http://magiccards.info/

Doesn't sell cards itself, but gathers a load of pricing info, and will tell you low, mid and high prices for any card you search for. Also has links to places online where you can buy searched cards.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next