Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:33 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: You gay hoe
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:31 am  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Quote:
Decking out your opponent before they could even draw and play a card while they just stared at you doing what seemed like a bunch of nonsensical and retarded card playing. Then the pattern appears.

I gotta say that was probably the funniest shit to see.

I remember that one guy who didn't get a turn and it took about five minutes to convince him he actually lost.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:04 am  

Obtuse Oaf

i must say, one-shotting people with my greenstompyinfect deck was most-best times with M:TG

█▀█ █ █░█ █░█ █ █░ █▀█ █░█ █▀▀
█▀▄ █ █▀▄ █▀▄ █ █░ █▀█ █▀▄ █▀▀
▀░▀ ▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀
sunshine.kittens.bubblegum.happythoughts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:58 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

is there a way to add a mouseover thingy for MTG cards on these boards? Like when we mouse over the wow item names, we see a pop up of the item info. Is it possible to do the same for the cards as I've seen on other sites? Would make this a lot easier. I want to run my mono-white deck by you guys!

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:10 am  

MegaFaggot 5000

I played a Goblin Tribal deck exclusively (which I still have and is for sale, btw). Vomiting cards and attacking with everything in a blind rush to blitz my opponent down before he could do anything about it was pretty great, tbh.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:42 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I aim to annoy with my white deck. I use pacifisms, journey to nowhere, oblivion ring, bonds of faith, arrest, etc etc to keep their creatures from attacking and blocking and then mass attack with 1/1 soldiers lololol

it's fun!

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:06 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Remind me to roll a Red Direct Damage deck against you.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:51 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Fantastique wrote:
is there a way to add a mouseover thingy for MTG cards on these boards? Like when we mouse over the wow item names, we see a pop up of the item info. Is it possible to do the same for the cards as I've seen on other sites? Would make this a lot easier. I want to run my mono-white deck by you guys!

google says this: http://deckbox.org/help/tooltips

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Fantastique wrote:

http://www.mtgdeckbuilder.net/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 pm  

Feckless Fool

I haven't played magic with real cards in so long. Tempted to get back into it in a limited sense. I always loved drafting and wish i'd done it a lot more.

Laetitia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:40 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

http://kittensinpants.com/mtg

working on a potential solution to this card-posting issue

with that i'm currently parsing through a .cod file and using the data from that to pull the image from the WOTC website
next step is to let nerds paste the data within their .cod file and have it generate BBCode

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:28 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Fantastique wrote:
I aim to annoy with my white deck. I use pacifisms, journey to nowhere, oblivion ring, bonds of faith, arrest, etc etc to keep their creatures from attacking and blocking and then mass attack with 1/1 soldiers lololol

it's fun!

Did this plus some pristine talismans, recomblant bliss and Ajani' pridemates/aura gnarlids for lulz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:50 am  

Feckless Fool

Brought my ygh deck over to my friend's tonight and whooped his ass with it. He's not hellbent on configuring a better deck. Really is fun to play.

Oh and I went to a tcg store today and they gave me a free mtg starter deck. Still have no clue how to play. :P

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:17 am  

Feckless Fool

The DotP 2013 thing on the steam or the ipad is probably a good idea if you're considering magic. It's like ten bucks or some crap and gives you a good idea of the game and shows you a lot of cards. Has some puzzles too. Wish they'd do more of those. They were the main reason i'd buy The Duelist back in the day.

Laetitia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Xeoni wrote:
Oh and I went to a tcg store today and they gave me a free mtg starter deck. Still have no clue how to play. :P

The hardest concepts to understand transferring from Yugioh are using mana, realizing you can literally have unlimited creatures on the table (as opposed to just 5), learning the combat phase, and sometimes "Summoning Sickness".

Unlike Yugioh, the defending player decides to block and with what, and you can block a single creature with multiple creatures, and creatures defend and attack in their order of choosing as well (but remember when you do attack, you have to choosing all your attackers before your opponent chooses their blockers). Unlike Yoh where you get to pick which creature you attack. Also when you attack, unless a creature has trample (Cards literally and often only say Trample, become familiar with Trample, Haste, First Strike, Double Strike, Flying, Shadow, Protection and Regenerate keywords), there is never attack damage when a creature is blocked.

Example of a combat phase:

Say You attack with a 5/4 Creature.
Your opponent decides to block with a 2/3 and a 1/1.

Your Creature battles the 2/3 creature, you minus your power from their toughness, and vice versa.
So this leaves your creature at 5/2, and since your power was more than the blockers toughness, it dies.
Then your creature battles the 1/1. Again, 1 toughness minus your 5 power is less than or equal to 0, that creature also dies.

Your creature is left at 5/1, and both of your opponents creatures die.

Your creature is tapped (turned sideways and can not use tap effects or be used to block until your next turn) and remains a 5/1 until your End Phase. Since you were blocked, and your creature doesn't have "Trample", you deal 0 attack damage to your opponent. It doesn't matter if you have a million power and were blocked by a 1/1, you still won't deal damage to the player. You can attack your opponent directly though, if they choose not to block, or cannot block.

There are often a number of possibilities to account for. I find the intricacies are more abundant in M:TG than Yoh.

Let's take that same scenario, your 5/4 has become a 5/1 after battle. You're opponent is running a Red deck, which often have direct damage Sorcery and Instants, and they have 5 cards in their hand. You may want to hold back an attack with your 5/4 because your opponent may be holding an Instant that "Deals 1 damage to target creature." or similar, and if they use it, you lose what was likely a very useful creature.

I could go into a million scenarios.

Card effects and chains work by the same "Stacking" method Yoh uses.

Any questions?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next