Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: You gay hoe
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:18 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Spacehunter wrote:
The DotP 2013 thing on the steam or the ipad is probably a good idea if you're considering magic. It's like ten bucks or some crap and gives you a good idea of the game and shows you a lot of cards. Has some puzzles too. Wish they'd do more of those. They were the main reason i'd buy The Duelist back in the day.

If Wizards of the Coast dropped the time and effort to make DotP like a full working, fully stocked online play client, and charged $50 for base client that has all the cards out now and $10-15 bucks for DLC of new series, I think they'd probably make bank.

I know that I, and probably most of those here who play, would get on that shit. Plus a lot of people with a passing interest.

Unlike the current system for fully stocked online play which is just a bunch of yuck.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:25 pm  

Feckless Fool

I watched a 5 part video for MTG and it seems pretty cool. The video was cheesy but the game mechanics seem alright.

Questions:
Does summoning a creature require me to tap field cards? Or is it only to attack with that creature?

If both players have two creatures, and it's my turn, can I combine the efforts of my creatures for an attack on just one of my opponent's creatures? Ex. my 3/2 and 2/2 attack a 1/4 creature and destroys it.

How and when are field cards destroyed?

"Counter target creature spell." A creature's spell is just their regular attack, right? Or is it to negate a special effect

"Exchange control of two target creatures." Why would I want my opponent's creature if the chances are it belongs to a field type that I have none of? I wouldn't be able to use it, would I?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:38 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Xeoni wrote:
I watched a 5 part video for MTG and it seems pretty cool. The video was cheesy but the game mechanics seem alright.

Questions:
Does summoning a creature require me to tap field cards? Or is it only to attack with that creature?

If both players have two creatures, and it's my turn, can I combine the efforts of my creatures for an attack on just one of my opponent's creatures? Ex. my 3/2 and 2/2 attack a 1/4 creature and destroys it.

How and when are field cards destroyed?

"Counter target creature spell." A creature's spell is just their regular attack, right? Or is it to negate a special effect

"Exchange control of two target creatures." Why would I want my opponent's creature if the chances are it belongs to a field type that I have none of? I wouldn't be able to use it, would I?

Oh god. Pls no.

Going to assume not trolling.

They're land cards/Mana. You only tap them to summon the creature.

You can attack with both creatures and your opponent can block one for each creature he has, each creature can only block one creature unless otherwise noted. The defending/blocking player decides how the creature block and you decide how your damage is divide/delt. You can however block one creature with multiple creatures and combine them in the way you're describing.

There are a few cards that destroy land cards. It's not something you typically have to worry about.

Countering a target creature spell is a player "summoning" the creature. If your opponent says "I cast Random Goblin" you can counter it before it ever touches the field in which case it goes into the graveyard.

If you exchange creatures, you can use them freely, you just can't use any abilities they might have that you don't have mana for. The text stated in that way would also imply that in a free for all you could exchange control of two creatures with two players not yourself, should you want to turn the tide of the battle for political reasons or you don't have a creature yourself.

The main thing I suggest you get a firm grasp of is how the stack works in magic. It's like a key part of the game.

I hope this answered any questions trolling or not. I'd go into more details but I'm pressed for time lol. MTG nerds feel free to correct me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:50 pm  

Feckless Fool

no troll intended. xeoni the noob is now on board.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:59 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

lol.

Well there a lots of little loopholes and tricks to the stack, the stack essentially is your trap card if played correctly.

If you have any questions, feel fre to ask. It's nice being somewhat knowledgeable and I've run into about every wierd ruling there is to be had and had to scour the detailed rules to find answers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:27 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Everything in Magic is either a Spell, Artifact or Land (basically).

Every creature you have will say Summon Creature or Artifact Creature.

Think of Summon Creatures as the result of a Summoning Spell (which was the idea). This makes grasping the idea of Counterspells a little easier.

I actually am not sure what the ruling is on Counterspells and Artifacts, if it's the same as Spells or what.

Stack works almost exactly like Yugioh. When cards are chained, you can stack them atop one another as they are played until everybody is done playing cards, then pull cards off the top of the stack one by one and use their effects. Cards that Counter remove the card directly under them from the stack when they appear, so it's gone when you get to it, ergo none of it's effects are used. Though this system is usually just employed as a concept rather than an actual method. I can't think of any instance where cards were literally stacked.

Yugioh was a little bit more, odd. Because cards had to state they were negating another card. I remember wrongly thinking Mystical Space Typhoon would defeat a Spell card being played, but it didn't. It just destroyed it, which meant nothing if the card it was destroying wasn't Continuous. Where Magic makes it plain that Counter and Destroy are two different things, and many things that Destroy weren't Instant thus not play like... nvm I'm rambling now.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:03 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Weena wrote:
Everything in Magic is either a Spell, Artifact or Land (basically).

Every creature you have will say Summon Creature or Artifact Creature.

Think of Summon Creatures as the result of a Summoning Spell (which was the idea). This makes grasping the idea of Counterspells a little easier.

I actually am not sure what the ruling is on Counterspells and Artifacts, if it's the same as Spells or what.

Stack works almost exactly like Yugioh. When cards are chained, you can stack them atop one another as they are played until everybody is done playing cards, then pull cards off the top of the stack one by one and use their effects. Cards that Counter remove the card directly under them from the stack when they appear, so it's gone when you get to it, ergo none of it's effects are used. Though this system is usually just employed as a concept rather than an actual method. I can't think of any instance where cards were literally stacked.

Yugioh was a little bit more, odd. Because cards had to state they were negating another card. I remember wrongly thinking Mystical Space Typhoon would defeat a Spell card being played, but it didn't. It just destroyed it, which meant nothing if the card it was destroying wasn't Continuous. Where Magic makes it plain that Counter and Destroy are two different things, and many things that Destroy weren't Instant thus not play like... nvm I'm rambling now.

It's all spells or lands, artifacts are still spells. After the spell is cast they often become permanents (artifacts/creatures/auras). So yes, you can Cancel (Counter Target Spell) artifacts as they're being cast (played from the hand).

Which brings me to the next point, spells like Cancel and Mana Leak (Counter Target Spell Unless It's Controller pays (3)) can target any spells on the stack, not just the one right before it, which has limited uses but still can come in handy.

The bit about destroying magic cards has some relevence in MTG. Creatures and Artifacts often have "Activated Abilities" that can be used with a cost (ex: Tap/Pay (1): Tap/Destroy Target Creature), these abilities, once used, go on the stack and resolve whether or not you destroy the creature/artifact that used them. So this is similar in that way.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:10 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I'm actually learning a lot, keep talking about this ya nerds.

Also, does mayo have to do the whole card link thing or can anyone with computer know-how?

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:31 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Fantastique wrote:
I'm actually learning a lot, keep talking about this ya nerds.

Also, does mayo have to do the whole card link thing or can anyone with computer know-how?

lol I could go on for days. I'll just limit it to what people ask or are talking about.

Fairly well known fun (and very situational) fact in the MTG Kingdom: Illusions, when target by a spell or ability, are sacrificed. Aka, you look at them, they die. Say your opponent has 3 Illusions (2/2s) on the field. You can fireball for 3 mana. 0 damage divided amongst 3 targets. Works out to be 0 damage but since it targets each of them, they all die.

Now, let's say there's a 2/2 non-illusion there as well. You can pay an extra 3 mana for 2 damage and an additional target. Then, you have to divide the 2 damage evenly amongst all four targets, so .5, rounded down is going to be 0. The Illusion sacrifice ability will go on the stack and resolve before Fireball. Fireballs damage divison resolves after it resolves, not before.

So, when it's all said and done, you can also kill the 2/2 non-illusion. 4 birds, one expensive stone. Still not bad for 6 mana. 3 mana for 3 creatures is extremely good too imo.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 pm  

Feckless Fool

Weena wrote:
Spacehunter wrote:
The DotP 2013 thing on the steam or the ipad is probably a good idea if you're considering magic. It's like ten bucks or some crap and gives you a good idea of the game and shows you a lot of cards. Has some puzzles too. Wish they'd do more of those. They were the main reason i'd buy The Duelist back in the day.

If Wizards of the Coast dropped the time and effort to make DotP like a full working, fully stocked online play client, and charged $50 for base client that has all the cards out now and $10-15 bucks for DLC of new series, I think they'd probably make bank.

I know that I, and probably most of those here who play, would get on that shit. Plus a lot of people with a passing interest.

Unlike the current system for fully stocked online play which is just a bunch of yuck.

I saw a stat or something where MTGO was like almost half their overall business. I reckon they're doing ok >_>

Laetitia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:03 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Quote:
Which brings me to the next point, spells like Cancel and Mana Leak (Counter Target Spell Unless It's Controller pays (3)) can target any spells on the stack, not just the one right before it, which has limited uses but still can come in handy.

Took me a second to realize how that would work.

Seems impractical or impossible to pull off to the point of being moot in head to head.

Seems to likely just be a dick move most of the time in group play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:04 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Spacehunter wrote:
Weena wrote:
Spacehunter wrote:

I saw a stat or something where MTGO was like almost half their overall business. I reckon they're doing ok >_>

Yeah, but 50% of 10 bucks is 5 bucks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:42 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

@MTG nerds:
currently i have it so you can upload the .cod (cockatrice) deck and it does 'things' with it
what i have in mind is it generating BBCode that you can paste into your post to show the images of what is in your deck
is that satisfactory or would you rather have something else?

(http://kittensinpants.com/mtg/)

█▀█ █ █░█ █░█ █ █░ █▀█ █░█ █▀▀
█▀▄ █ █▀▄ █▀▄ █ █░ █▀█ █▀▄ █▀▀
▀░▀ ▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀
sunshine.kittens.bubblegum.happythoughts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

testing

Image x (3)Image x (3)Image x (3)Image x (4)
Image x (4)Image x (4)Image x (4)Image x (3)
Image x (4)Image x (4)Image x (4)Image x (4)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:34 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

yeah i'm pretty alright

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next