Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:21 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: You gay hoe
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Format sucks in viewing, but in reply mode they all line up 2 by 2 perfectly in the topic review second at the bottom.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:56 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

rikkilake wrote:
@MTG nerds:
currently i have it so you can upload the .cod (cockatrice) deck and it does 'things' with it
what i have in mind is it generating BBCode that you can paste into your post to show the images of what is in your deck
is that satisfactory or would you rather have something else?

(http://kittensinpants.com/mtg/)

I have no clue what any of this means.

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:10 am  

Obtuse Oaf

Weena wrote:
Format sucks in viewing, but in reply mode they all line up 2 by 2 perfectly in the topic review second at the bottom.

I formatted it based on my monitor, i can adjust it to doing rows of 2 in stead of rows of 4 though if that would be better

Fantastique wrote:
rikkilake wrote:
@MTG nerds:
currently i have it so you can upload the .cod (cockatrice) deck and it does 'things' with it
what i have in mind is it generating BBCode that you can paste into your post to show the images of what is in your deck
is that satisfactory or would you rather have something else?

(http://kittensinpants.com/mtg/)

I have no clue what any of this means.

when you create and save a deck in cockatrice, it creates it was [filename].cod
bbcode is the code for mats with the brackets that lets you post images and such on forums
if you upload your deck to the link provided, it generates the necessary bbcode for you to paste into your response on the board

█▀█ █ █░█ █░█ █ █░ █▀█ █░█ █▀▀
█▀▄ █ █▀▄ █▀▄ █ █░ █▀█ █▀▄ █▀▀
▀░▀ ▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀
sunshine.kittens.bubblegum.happythoughts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 am  

Obtuse Oaf

Image x (4)Image x (4)
Image x (4)Image x (4)
Image x (4)Image x (4)
Image x (4)Image x (20)
Image x (4)Image x (4)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:11 am  

Obtuse Oaf

is that better?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 am  

Obtuse Oaf

I came to this thread expecting nude hoes.

The deception.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:42 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

No no, what I meant was like if I were to write the words "Elspeth, Knight-Errant" you could scroll over it and see the card pop up, not unlike the way that item info pops up when you scroll over their names in my signature. Is there a way to do that?

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:25 am  

Kunckleheaded Knob

This seems equally if not more awesome then scroll overs...

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 pm  

Feckless Fool

So once I can afford to summon a creature with tapped land cards, I don't need to pay mana for that creature to cast spells anymore? I feel like I'm over complicating this. Oh and wtf is a plainswalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:15 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Xeoni wrote:
So once I can afford to summon a creature with tapped land cards, I don't need to pay mana for that creature to cast spells anymore? I feel like I'm over complicating this. Oh and wtf is a plainswalker

Let's take a look at a couple of cards.

Alright, so once you pay the 1 white mana (W), you can freely attack and block with this creature as long as it exists on the field and nothing is preventing it from doing so.

This creature has an activated ability though. At the cost of a white mana and tapping the creature (it must be untapped which means you can't attack with it the same turn you activate it's ability) you can tap any target creature, even one that's already tapped.

Now look at this one.

Once you pay the 1 colorless and 1 white mana (1W), you can freely attack and block with this creature as long as it exists on the battlefield and nothing is preventing it from doing so.

This creature also has an activated ability! This one however doesn't cost any mana to use. You simply tap this creature and then you can tap any creature with a power of less than 3.

So in short, unless a creature's abilities say otherwise or have a cost that includes mana in them, you do not have to pay anything passed the initial cost of the creature to use them.

Fun Tip: Now, you can't attack and tap a creature with one of the above, you can however, block a creature and before damage, tap and tap an untapped creature (say a potential blocker for your oppoent).

It has it's uses.
-----------------------------

Now, on to Planeswalkers. They're a bit more complicated but shouldn't be too hard to understand.

You summon them like you would creatures but they don't function like creatures. They can't attack and they can't block. Your opponent however, when he declares combat, can choose to attack you or your planeswalker(s) so that you can block accordingly. Your opponent can also target him with direct damage spells and such.

A Planeswalkers "Loyalty Counters" or Health, start at the number in the bottom right corner.

So this planeswalker starts with 4 Loyalty Counters. The number of counters goes up or down as designated by the cost of his abilities. If a planeswalker reaches 0 loyalty counters, they are destroyed. After you play him, unless otherwise noted, there are no further costs to play his abilities other than the increase/decrease of counters.

Once per turn, on your turn only (starting as soon as you summon him), you can activate one of his abilities as a sorcery (meaning, even if he is destroyed, the spell, once on the stack, will go off pretty much no matter what).

As you can see, you have to choose between abilities and possibly build up enough loyalty counters to activate your more expensive ability.

Now, if a player attacks your planeswalker and you don't stop him/her, it takes damage just like you would. Say you summon Ajani here, he starts at 4 counters so then you choose to activate his first ability. You gain 2 life and he gains a counter moving to 5 total counters. Next turn, your oppenent attacks your planeswalker for 5, you decide not to stop it or simply can't. Ajani then loses 5 counters putting him at 0 counters, he is then destroyed.

Anyways, I hope this has clarified somethings D:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:30 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

rikkilake wrote:
is that better?

Perfect.

Quote:
Planeswalkers

I really abhor the idea of planeswalkers tbh.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:42 pm  

Feckless Fool

It did, thanks Necra

Edit: After brushing up on the Yugioh series, I now realize why a lot of the hype moved to Magic. I used to think the morals and lessons in the show were for any age, but after watching several episodes where every person states their motive in every turn of their duel, I see it's for a younger age group. It's a shame because without the useless repetition, the show has a lot of potential.

Oh well, time to find out how much a decent mtg deck costs.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:00 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Xeoni wrote:
It did, thanks Necra

Edit: After brushing up on the Yugioh series, I now realize why a lot of the hype moved to Magic. I used to think the morals and lessons in the show were for any age, but after watching several episodes where every person states their motive in every turn of their duel, I see it's for a younger age group. It's a shame because without the useless repetition, the show has a lot of potential.

Oh well, time to find out how much a decent mtg deck costs.

I bought 4 of these lol and made a decent human/spirit deck with a splash of black. Recently splashed some blue for fun. Not bad for like 40 bucks plus the 4 packs of cards I got with them.

I also spent a lot more than I probably should have on Deckbuilder Toolkits though totally worth it to a point imo.

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/De ... olkit_2011
^These are 20 bucks I believe if you can still find them

http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/De ... olkit_2012
and ^these are 30 or something I think but they contain current set of cards

Unless you plan on playing Standard/Type 2 (which means you can only use recently released cards plus the core set of that year) you should be fine. aka if you only plan on playing casually with friends, I'd suggest getting the 2011 toolkit as it's cheap and has some nice cards plus random packs and the box it comes with is great for storing your cards. Otherwise, you can buy the more expensive version so it will be easier to transition into standard.

Note for playing standard, you can use older cards from different sets if they were reprinted the current legal sets (ex: You have a Fireball from M10, you can still use it because it's been reprinted in M12).

Other than all that, you can buy individual cards/decks and/or trade for them. I think Mayo has a Goblin deck he was selling or you could start small and look into the current preconstructed decks. They're only 12ish bucks and they're full decks plus a pack of cards. The duel decks are really nice, they normally come with a Planeswalker and decent decks (Knights vs Dragons, Ajani vs Nicol Bolas, etc).

and finally, a really good raid deck you can buy for fairly cheap, though your friends will probably hate you for it
http://www.gatheringmagic.com/complete- ... t-spoiled/

It's one of the easiest more OP decks to play and it's really fun. It's essentially a toolbox of really powerful monsters and can shut down a lot of decks with ease, especially if you splash some blue. I think they were running like 35 bucks? I've been looking for a second one just to buy and keep sealed cause they look so nice. The whole deck is foil and comes with a foil box and a spindown life counter (I call it a D20 D: looks nice though)

Post subject: Re: TCG Megathread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:18 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Renamed thread for accuracy, also so all cardboard based nerdology is contained in one area.

Post subject: Re: TCG Megathread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:40 pm  

French Faggot

nerds

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 24  Next