Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 7:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: TCG Megathread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:14 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

rikkilake wrote:
Xeoni wrote:
rikkilake infected me to death a couple times, swarmed vampires against me, and even beat me with my own creature. Twas a fun evening.

don't forget the grease-monster who beat you simply because his deck was 1.5 times the 'legal' limit

note: the event deck you bought came with a card-listing, re-assemble your deck for friday and we'll see if we can't help you figure out how to make it work without just using it as a bunch of boosters

There is no "legal" limit. short of if it takes you too long to shuffle and/or if you require assistance to shuffle.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:25 am  

Obtuse Oaf

Necrachilles wrote:
rikkilake wrote:
Xeoni wrote:
rikkilake infected me to death a couple times, swarmed vampires against me, and even beat me with my own creature. Twas a fun evening.

don't forget the grease-monster who beat you simply because his deck was 1.5 times the 'legal' limit

note: the event deck you bought came with a card-listing, re-assemble your deck for friday and we'll see if we can't help you figure out how to make it work without just using it as a bunch of boosters

There is no "legal" limit. short of if it takes you too long to shuffle and/or if you require assistance to shuffle.

Quote:
There are two rules: your deck must have at least 60 cards, and your deck can’t have more than four copies of any single card (except for basic lands).

ah, i always thought it was <= 60, not >= 60

█▀█ █ █░█ █░█ █ █░ █▀█ █░█ █▀▀
█▀▄ █ █▀▄ █▀▄ █ █░ █▀█ █▀▄ █▀▀
▀░▀ ▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀
sunshine.kittens.bubblegum.happythoughts

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:47 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I have an eldrazi deck too! will post later, but it's green/red and depends on spawns and/or quicksilver amulets to get out the big guns. And if I don't draw a big gun, I also use Overwhelming Stampede PLUS World at War to win with my lil guys.

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:00 pm  

Feckless Fool

Text me the next time your friends are having a couple drinks and playing magic, Greg. I went out with a coworker tonight to downtown durham, discovered a place called Chicken and Waffles. I had pancakes and beef. Jk, a chicken cutlet on top of blueberry waffles, it was DELICIOUS.

Edit: rest assured, knowing I'm not the typical 20 year old that's overly excited about drinking. I'm content with a couple beers or a white russian.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:03 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Xeoni wrote:
Text me the next time your friends are having a couple drinks and playing magic, Greg. I went out with a coworker tonight to downtown durham, discovered a place called Chicken and Waffles. I had pancakes and beef. Jk, a chicken cutlet on top of blueberry waffles, it was DELICIOUS.

Edit: rest assured, knowing I'm not the typical 20 year old that's overly excited about drinking. I'm content with a couple beers or a white russian.

i'm heading out of town tomorrow (be gone through thursday), so it'll be a bit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:17 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/td/195

I just saw this, and for some reason it's really intriguing me. I'm currently working towards acquiring these cards since I'm curious how this deck would work out. I can see what it's meant to do, but it's so different and I love it.

Currently, I have three Entreat the Angels, three Devastation Tide, one Temporal Mastery, and all the common cards. I have no clue how I'm going to acquire the rest, since nobody wants to trade their Terminus cards and Tamiyo, the Moon Sage is $20 per bloody card.

[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:35 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

Motherfuckin' chicken and waffles? Hell yeah.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:38 pm  

Feckless Fool

Oh hey, Rikki, I met up with that girl from my bio class and her friend for a 3 way. A 3 way duel, that is. She's cute in the geeky sort of way, enjoys Led Zeppelin, and has a red/black deck. Her friend walked by and was talking about the deck that he used to duel her with. The way he phrased it, it sounded like he said, "Yeah, she was in pain after I beat her with my dick." That's when she said, "Yeah, I was screaming at the top of my lungs." badpokerface.jpg

Oh, and I came in second place. 8) The dude that beat both of us had a legendary of some sort.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

pics of cute nerdy girl plz

[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 am  

Obtuse Oaf

Anowon, The Ruin Sage

that's the only legendary i have in any of my decks
it's in a red/black vamp deck
i may have used it when we played, idk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:40 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

yeah that's like a zombies deck's Call to the Grave but for vamps. I like. I have a great BRW Vampire deck, focused around Falkenrath Aristocrat and sacrificing human tokens.

[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 am  

Obtuse Oaf

Here's my B/R-vamp deck listing:

Creatures:
Anowon, the Ruin Sagex2
Bloodghastx3
Captivating Vampirex2
Child of Nightx2
Kalastria Highborn
Pulse Trackerx4
Ruthless Cullblade
Sangromancerx2
Vampire Nighthawkx2

Instants:
Doom Blade
Crushx2
Go for the Throatx2
Grasp of Darkness
Lightning Boltx4
Shatter
Smotherx2

Sorceries:
Dead Reckoningx3
Pyroclasmx2

Lands:
Blackcleave Cliffs
Evolving Wilds
Mountainx6
Swampx14
Terramorphic Expanse

Side-deck:
Memoricidex2
Act of Treasonx2
Smother
Ruthless Cullblade
Grasp of Darkness

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:56 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Today my apartment was being treated for bedbugs, so I was compelled to go outside.

I stopped at a thrift store and bought up a diverse collection of Magic cards. Almost entirely rares. A few minutes of going through the boxes (about 18" worth) they mostly seemed to be from recent expansions that are not known to me but I also noticed some from expansions I do know, Urza's Saga, Mercadian Masques; the oldest I noticed were a couple from 5th Edition and one from The Dark. I saw no Revised or Fallen Empires and only a few Ice Age. Some are in M/NM condition, others F/VF, about 50/50. It looks like the collector learned the hard way to treat his collection with respect =P

I did notice some good finds: Lightning Angel, Ancient Tomb, Sphere of Resistance, Coat of Arms, etc.

If there is something specific someone wants, I'll see what I can do. I plan on auctioning them off one by one.

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:39 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Aestu wrote:
Today my apartment was being treated for bedbugs, so I was compelled to go outside.

I stopped at a thrift store and bought up a diverse collection of Magic cards. Almost entirely rares. A few minutes of going through the boxes (about 18" worth) they mostly seemed to be from recent expansions that are not known to me but I also noticed some from expansions I do know, Urza's Saga, Mercadian Masques; the oldest I noticed were a couple from 5th Edition and one from The Dark. I saw no Revised or Fallen Empires and only a few Ice Age. Some are in M/NM condition, others F/VF, about 50/50. It looks like the collector learned the hard way to treat his collection with respect =P

I did notice some good finds: Lightning Angel, Ancient Tomb, Sphere of Resistance, Coat of Arms, etc.

If there is something specific someone wants, I'll see what I can do. I plan on auctioning them off one by one.

xeoni, myself, and some of my friends are playing magic this friday; get on down to raleigh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:52 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Aestu wrote:

LUCKY! I wish I could find Magic Cards at thrift stores. I can't find them anywhere lol.

I've spent about 50 bucks on coolstuffinc. Going to drop another 50 and pick up another Graveborn deck to hold on to because they look nice and hopefully the value will go up

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next