Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 11:31 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: @Nerds near Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:15 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

HERNDON?!?!?!?!?! YOU DICKBUTT!!!!!!! I'm not going to be home until April....... :(

Also, anyone who passes up a chance to meet someone they dislike/disagree with online is really missing out. It's actually way more educational and intriguing than meeting someone you agree with on everything. Though my hostile feelings towards Aestu had long since evaporated by the time I met him irl, I was surprised I had such a low opinion of him in the first place after I met him. I was initially hostile towards Mazeltov for no reason too. Idk why, but I would count him among my many friends here now. Cally, USD, and others here differ greatly in our opinions, but it would be nothing more than enriching to meet them irl. Azelma and I have always got along fine, so that would def be a fun meeting. And Rikki sounds like lolfuntimes.

What I'm getting at is that once the screen is removed, people really do get along and have a good time. No, not because of politeness or what have you. It's because the screen sucks! Meeting new people and really talking to and getting to know them is really something to be treasured. ESPECIALLY if we have been playing the same game or visiting the same forums together for a number of years.

I have met Aestu, Jubbs, Eturnal, and React so far. I plan to add each and every one of you to my list eventually.

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:39 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Mazeltov is slightly younger than I am, and like me, during TBC and WotLK he was an arrogant, unrepentant douchebag who used and walked all over people to accomplish his in game goals. As with me, he did this less because he was inherently a jerk and more because he was young, impatient, had definite goals to accomplish and was jaded by the realities of the WoW community.

What eventually happened was we (and many other people on FUBU, particularly Jushiro, who is one of the youngest posters) grew older, matured, gained some perspective and settled down a bit. More than that, like many men with long-term oppositional relationships, we came to see the oppositional history as simply a chapter in the gradual development of the relationship.

I dont think Mazel would disagree with the characterization of events. And I also think that most of us would agree that the experience of WoW (especially TBC/WotLK) were formative in our lives. I truly believe that my experiences in WoW did more to make me a stronger and better person that perhaps any other experience in my life.

I dont see why things have to stop there. The story goes on. Uh, like the last scene of "The Inner Light".

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:31 am  

Obtuse Oaf

Fantastique wrote:
HERNDON?!?!?!?!?! YOU DICKBUTT!!!!!!! I'm not going to be home until April....... :(

This isn't going to be a one month project. I'm not sure how long my time is being contracted out for, but this project will likely tie me over until May or June.

█▀█ █ █░█ █░█ █ █░ █▀█ █░█ █▀▀
█▀▄ █ █▀▄ █▀▄ █ █░ █▀█ █▀▄ █▀▀
▀░▀ ▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀ ▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀
sunshine.kittens.bubblegum.happythoughts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 am  
Kunckleheaded Knob

I would agree with your characterization of me. Different time and place in my life. I definitly did some things that were not good but it's all in the past and I think I'm relatively more reasonable and decent now.

I've met: Maic, Stevieboboyo, Lilarina, Spure, Akina, Xeyaii, Warbukk and for the most parts the meetings all ranged from average to great times.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mazeltov

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

I am now on my way to Cincinnati, leaving Boston for the last time - for now. I dont expect to miss it.

I carry two bookbags, a backpack, a camera bag containing. my Gameboy, a massive Samsonite suitcase, and a ATX sesktop on a travel harness. I checked the backpack and Samsonite, but I must still carry the two bookbags and the desktop. The taxicab driver, a very intelligent and articulate man from Ghana, asked if I was a filmmaker.

I had procrastinated prepping the cube load, and allowed myself to be rushed more than i should have, so I had to mail a series of boxes to myself at a total cost of a little under $200. Not cheap, but less costly than replacing the contents - mostly petty sundries. Besides, I despise waste, and can't easily throw anything away. I am also very attached to my particular cups and other implements.

A few weeks back, I had wisely snatched a big pile of phonebooks that absolutely no one wants, and shredded them up to use as packing material for my cups and wine glasses. I was up all night doing last minute packing and cleaning the apartment. I mailed most half-empty containers that were not soiled, but for obvious reasons I saw the unwisdom of mailing a bottle of Clorox or carrying it on me, so I expended the remaining supply. I very rarely use Clorox for clothes and have never cleaned with it, not trusting the poison. Indeed, I found the smell almost unbearable and had to take frequent breaks. I was nonetheless really surprised how effective it was compared to isopropyl alcohol and boiling salt water.

The total cost of the move looks set to total about $3300. I keep reminding myself the cost ought to be made up well within a year. And i am sick and tired of Boston, and have to begin my life mission...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:38 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Akiina? Wow, that puts me meeting Eturnal to shame. Is she with your child?

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 am  

French Faggot

Akina's met a lot of WoW people as I understand it.

And yeah, I was in a guild full of people devoted to griefing in vanilla, so I'd say I also fall under the "was-a-douchebag" category. I wouldn't do it differently if I went back.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 am  

Blathering Buffoon

I'm glad for the WoW-meetings I've had. Uh, I think I could do without the Cardona interactions, but unfortunately he was my boyfriend's best friend irl, and we were together for 2.5 years. The dislike was mutual, at least. I'd def like to meet some of you FUBU bros though! :D

I was a total bitch for a lot of my time on WoW, but it's less to do with just simply being a bitch and more to do with being completely unable to deal with stupid people for extended periods of time. But Trib's raiding schedule was intense, and I had to deal with horribly long periods of time with aforementioned stupid people T-T

s^ | Kay

Last edited by Kayllaira on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yuratuhl wrote:
Akina's met a lot of WoW people as I understand it.

And yeah, I was in a guild full of people devoted to griefing in vanilla, so I'd say I also fall under the "was-a-douchebag" category. I wouldn't do it differently if I went back.

"Tapestry"

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:11 pm  

MegaFaggot 5000

The only thing I'd take back was that time when Denti tried to get into coileverything on Lucinth's account because he said that he was friends with everyone in coil. I then asked the majority of people in coil if they'd rather save Denti or a bag of kidney beans from a burning building and I think everyone but one or two people said the beans. I was going to make a collage of everyone saying that beans were more important to them than Denti.

I never made that collage.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:38 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I think denti is the one who banned me from BH's irc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:55 pm  
Kunckleheaded Knob

When I lived in Texas I went up and visited Spure for a weekend, we went out to dinner with Akina at a Texmex place. I do not have any children :).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mazeltov

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Kayllaira wrote:
I'm glad for the WoW-meetings I've had. Uh, I think I could do without the Cardona interactions, but unfortunately he was my boyfriend's best friend irl, and we were together for 2.5 years. The dislike was mutual, at least. I'd def like to meet some of you FUBU bros though! :D

I was a total bitch for a lot of my time on WoW, but it's less to do with just simply being a bitch and more to do with being completely unable to deal with stupid people for extended periods of time. But Trib's raiding schedule was intense, and I had to deal with horribly long periods of time with aforementioned stupid people T-T

"Spank The Blood Elf - 5g"

(I don't know why but that just came to mind)

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:33 pm  

Str8 Actin Dude

I wanna meet all the nerds that live within 60 miles or so of me, fa sho. I still think we should do an Outer Banks meet up so Usd can find Aestu a few NC trailer trash daddy issues hoez to take home to fabulous Cincinnati and all that shit.

Brawlsack

Taking an extended hiatus from gaming

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:02 pm  

French Faggot

I have an incredibly important question.

I've only ever seen Akina from the eyes up. What's the rest of her like?

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next