Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2024 1:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Toys
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:25 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Do the sniper paintball gun projectiles explode to simulate the "smashed watermelon" effect from headshotting someone with a .50?

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:25 am  
Tasty Tourist

Paintballs in general do: Image(imagine a different color hitting the guy's helmet instead of the gun, and it's a decent approximation).

I'm not sure what the advantage would be of using a paintball sniper rifle. I've only been out paintballing twice, but the PSI limits and the shape of the paintballs seem to make them accurate only over short-moderate distances.

Every time I tried to hit someone, it felt like I was doing this: Image

Alopex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:12 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

They have barrels that can spin the paint some so you can get more distance(with the added effect that if you twist your PBgun sideways you can shoot around corners to some extent).

PS: Paint is "expensive" at the place in NH :[ At OSG its like a 10$ gate 10$ for all day air and 70$ per 2k rounds. We usually end up making it into a 2hour thing so we don't have to get into more than 2-3 cases. It being an hour and a half away from where we live doesn't help the cost either :[ I can expect PBall is a LOT more fun when you aren't worried about how much its costing you. But then again I count pennys.

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

Post subject: Re: Re: New Toys
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

DoubleH wrote:
They have barrels that can spin the paint some so you can get more distance(with the added effect that if you twist your PBgun sideways you can shoot around corners to some extent).

PS: Paint is "expensive" at the place in NH :[ At OSG its like a 10$ gate 10$ for all day air and 70$ per 2k rounds. We usually end up making it into a 2hour thing so we don't have to get into more than 2-3 cases. It being an hour and a half away from where we live doesn't help the cost either :[ I can expect PBall is a LOT more fun when you aren't worried about how much its costing you. But then again I count pennys.

Whoa! That is really pricey! With a magfed gun you'd be hard pressed to use 2,000 rounds in a day. If you are using a semi and pulling a spray and pray method, I can see how you'd blast through a box.

Is the field by you a BYOP place or field paint?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

They have bring your own paint days but they have higher gate fee's :P so it kinda evens out.

When I say "we" I mean that when I go I show up with a pile of buds and we do private matches(it would be fun to go on a big day though and play against the masses). We usually go through like 50-100rnds a person per match. CTF takes a lot of paint due to cover fire :{

This is also not paintball with balloon cover, the fields are often pretty big so you don't always have a great idea of where people are. I'm pretty sure OSG is one of the older PBall places in the country(opened in 91). Also fun fact! Pretty sure the first ever "PBall game" took place in NH, just another reason I live in the best place in the world.

OSG fields

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:52 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

DoubleH wrote:

I assume you are aware of fiber-optic scopes that actually allow soldiers to see around corners.

IIRC during WW2 the Germans developed a periscope-like attachment for rifles to do the same thing but it proved too unwieldly for field use.

DoubleH wrote:
When I say "we" I mean that when I go I show up with a pile of buds and we do private matches(it would be fun to go on a big day though and play against the masses). We usually go through like 50-100rnds a person per match. CTF takes a lot of paint due to cover fire :{]

Quote:
The other day, I chanced to drop in at the midday games, expecting sport and wit and some relaxation to rest men's eyes from the sight of human blood. Just the opposite was the case. Any fighting before that was as nothing; all trifles were now put aside - it was plain butchery.

The men had nothing with which to protect themselves, for their whole bodies were open to the thrust, and every thrust told. The common people prefer this to matches on level terms or request performances. Of course they do. The blade is not parried by helmet or shield, and what use is skill or defense? All these merely postpone death.

In the morning men are thrown to bears or lions, at midday to those who were previously watching them. The crowd cries for the killers to be paired with those who will kill them, and reserves the victor for yet another death. This is the only release the gladiators have. The whole business needs fire and steel to urge men on to fight. There was no escape for them. The slayer was kept fighting until he could be slain.

There's gotta be a way to do that with paintball.

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:27 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

DoubleH wrote:
They have bring your own paint days but they have higher gate fee's :P so it kinda evens out.

When I say "we" I mean that when I go I show up with a pile of buds and we do private matches(it would be fun to go on a big day though and play against the masses). We usually go through like 50-100rnds a person per match. CTF takes a lot of paint due to cover fire :{

This is also not paintball with balloon cover, the fields are often pretty big so you don't always have a great idea of where people are. I'm pretty sure OSG is one of the older PBall places in the country(opened in 91). Also fun fact! Pretty sure the first ever "PBall game" took place in NH, just another reason I live in the best place in the world.

OSG fields

Rad.

You're using the high end paint then? Honestly, unless you are in a tourney, mid-grade is a better investment.

What sort of marker do you have?

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:49 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

I use the paint they sell lol. I would not be surprised if its fancy stuff(higher markup). We used to use what ever and just play around at peoples houses(my folks have 50acres of woods). But we don't have nearly as much time anymore so we usually only play for a special event. Last time we went to OSG was over a year ago for my brothers bachelor party, we have a tradition where the last match of the day the groom and best man are "invincible" and the match doesn't end until they knock out the rest of us. The best man was a beast, he terminatored that shit with no cover. Looked like a giant smurf at the end :D

I have a "Spyder Xtra" that I got when I was I think 14(like 10 years ago)

My brother has tippmann 98custom and some newer tippmann with a fancy electric trigger that we have yet to use for anything other than brightening up the forest.

I haven't noticed much accuracy difference between my Xtra and his 98custom, I think mine is flatter but they hold similar groups(the Xtra has a higher velocity). I have to take the adjuster off when we shoot at each other and its still higher than the OSG people like when we go there >.>

One of the most awesome things was one of my friends dads pulling out his orange plastic 10shot marker that he used prior to there being ones made for the sport lol.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:04 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

is there rules to paintball or do you just shoot til someone gives up

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:51 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Get hit once anywhere on your body, even including paint refill canisters I believe, and you're out. Hands up and walk off the field. And guns can't register more than 300 fps I believe.

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

Post subject: New Toys
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:35 am  

Str8 Actin Dude

I remember the first time I bunkered someone. I felt like a total BAMF.

Brawlsack

Taking an extended hiatus from gaming

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:15 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Quote:
is there rules to paintball or do you just shoot til someone gives up

It depends on what you are playing. Most of the time it is sudden death. Occasionally there will be reincarnation matches where you respawn at a certain location when called out by a ref. In those cases the last 10 minutes of the match is sudden death. Sometimes marker shots don't count depending on the rules stated at the beginning of the match. If you get hit but the ball doesn't break, keep shooting, you're still in.

You must ALWAYS keep your mask on when you are on the field. Always. If you are within 10 feet of another player you should "surrender" them. It is considered bad form, and potentially dangerous, to shoot someone point blank. Having your marker running hot (tuned too high) is also frowned upon and can get you banned from the field.

The games have refs just like other sports ;) We played a zombie game where the zombies only died if hit in the mask. It was awesome.

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Snipers are the most feared opponents on any battlefield. They just ALWAYS have the advantage, if they're decent.

I love sniping in halo and related shooters. If I could get the sniper rifle from Halo1 irl, I'd throw 110% of my support behind gun ownership rights, 2nd amendments, etc etc

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:40 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

One of my old veteran buddies that I ran around with when I first moved back here was a combat medic during the Vietnam conflict. He said there was nothing funnier than people claiming to have been shot by a sniper.

It was funny because snipers don't leave anyone in a state to come back for medical treatment. If you made it back, it wasn't really a sniper. It was just some asshole with a gun you couldn't find. Goddamn Waldo and his 50 CAL.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:02 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Fantastique wrote:
Snipers are the most feared opponents on any battlefield. They just ALWAYS have the advantage, if they're decent.

I love sniping in halo and related shooters. If I could get the sniper rifle from Halo1 irl, I'd throw 110% of my support behind gun ownership rights, 2nd amendments, etc etc

My BFF would call you a camper and yell at the screen. Haha.

Edit: It is hilarious to watch.

Callysta of Reverence

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next