Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 11:30 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Valentine's Help
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:36 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Sooooo I'm in a bit of a pickle. For the first time in my life, I won't be with one of my Valentines on Valentine's Day. Does anyone have any ideas that can be bought online and delivered/picked up and delivered to her by someone else? I know of the flower services, but anything else? Maybe something unique? She's a hopeless romantic, so the cheesy stuff is 100% okay here. Any help in this department is much appreciated.

Now, as for my prospective Valentine here in Antigua, I'm looking more for constructive criticism than ideas. Brief history - I met her last week at a party, and we've hit it off pretty good since then. She's cool and fun, and isn't interested in a relationship at the moment (thankfully, as neither am I) but I still want to do something. We're more than friends, but not dating, so I don't want to go overboard. My idea was to make my famous white chocolate creme brulee and take it to her place / ask her to come over and try it (she's heard of it from someone else and has been asking for it lol). Should I do a dinner date before this? Should I say I made something for her? What's a good way for me to suggest this without looking like I want a relationship? How do I even ask her to be my Valentine? It's been a while since my last friend with benefits. She's also super studious, and is always in the library. It was quite a task to get her to come out on Saturday night, and she kept saying "this is a good one day off" kinda implying that she's too busy to make this a regular thing. Is it too soon?

I'm usually good with women, but this time feels different so I'm opening myself to any and all help. Thanks in advance, love you all! <3

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

Last edited by Fantastique on Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Valentine's Help
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:52 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Fantastique wrote:
Sooooo I'm in a bit of a pickle. For the first time in my life, I won't be with one of my Valentines on Valentine's Day. Does anyone have any ideas that can be bought online and delivered/picked up and delivered to her by someone else? I know of the flower services, but anything else? Maybe something unique? She's a hopeless romantic, so the cheesy stuff is 100% okay here. Any help in this department is much appreciated.

http://cloneboy.eu/

Fantastique wrote:
Now, as for my prospective Valentine here in Antigua, I'm looking more for constructive criticism than ideas. Brief history - I met her last week at a party, and we've hit it off pretty good since then. She's cool and fun, and isn't interested in a relationship at the moment (thankfully, as it's same with me) but I still want to do something. We're more than friends, but not dating, so I don't want to go overboard. My idea was to make my famous white chocolate creme brulee and take it to her place / ask her to come over and try it (she's heard of it from someone else and has been asking for it lol). Should I do a dinner date before this? Should I say I made something for her? What's a good way for me to suggest this without looking like I want a relationship? How do I even ask her to be my Valentine? It's been a while since my last friend with benefits. She's also super studious, and is always in the library. It was quite a task to get her to come out on Saturday night, and she kept saying "this is a good one day off" kinda implying that she's too busy to make this a regular thing. Is it too soon?

Whatever you want to do. For many reasons, the odds are she's even more infatuated with you than you are with her.

Why not all of the above? It's a library. Bring her creme brulee then make out in the fiction section.

Fantastique wrote:
I'm usually good with women, but this time feels different so I'm opening myself to any and all help. Thanks in advance, love you all! <3

No problem, you two-timing bastard.

<3

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:43 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

You old dog, you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:00 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

Suit Up.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:24 am  

Deliciously Trashy

^

always the answer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:48 am  

Str8 Actin Dude

Sorry I'm not much help.

Brawlsack

Taking an extended hiatus from gaming

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:11 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

I could just be over-thinking the situation here. But I'm at a loss as to what to buy for the situation at home.

Oh and PS - no judging, please! :)

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

I'd have to know the person. You can find some groovy crap on Amazon, though.

Bonus points for working multiple scores across geographic regions, btw.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 am  

Obtuse Oaf

More than one Valentine? O.o

Maybe send her a cute piece of jewelry from Overstock or something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:23 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

I was looking at Overstock to outfit my place. The deals honestly dont look that good - and the jewelry and other consumer items, especially the womens' items, are horribly overpriced and mostly junk. The other stuff, the domestics, seems pretty hit-or-miss.

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Buying jewelry is for suckers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:51 am  

Obtuse Oaf

I was suggesting a place where he could get a cheap little trinket. I purchase my fine jewelry from a family friend. He is a wholesaler and designs the most beautiful things. I pay a fraction of what the similar item from a jewelry store would be, and he uses much better quality gems. Another great place for jewelry is an estate sale or a pawn shop (if you have a good eye for quality).

Jewelry is my rare frivolous indulgence.

Anyway, he is looking for something inexpensive, not fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:29 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Does she read books? If so, get her a gift certificate to a book store, or her kindle.

Then again, knowing you, if she doesn't read books, you probably wouldn't be fucking her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

Fantastique wrote:

Now, as for my prospective Valentine here in Antigua, I'm looking more for constructive criticism than ideas. Brief history - I met her last week at a party, and we've hit it off pretty good since then. She's cool and fun, and isn't interested in a relationship at the moment (thankfully, as neither am I) but I still want to do something. We're more than friends, but not dating, so I don't want to go overboard. My idea was to make my famous white chocolate creme brulee and take it to her place / ask her to come over and try it (she's heard of it from someone else and has been asking for it lol). Should I do a dinner date before this? Should I say I made something for her? What's a good way for me to suggest this without looking like I want a relationship? How do I even ask her to be my Valentine? It's been a while since my last friend with benefits. She's also super studious, and is always in the library. It was quite a task to get her to come out on Saturday night, and she kept saying "this is a good one day off" kinda implying that she's too busy to make this a regular thing. Is it too soon?

Just throwing this out there, but if you're taking this girl on a date I think that generally constitutes "dating" and not "not dating/FWB".

I did the long distance thing for about 18 months, so I've got loads of ideas for the girl back home, but that really depends on you. Hit me up on FB and we'll chat? or PM me. Whatever works.

s^ | Kay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:59 pm  
Kunckleheaded Knob

Wish I could be of assistance. I bought a box of chocolates and some alcohol but uhhhh yehhhh you are not in same situation as me :)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mazeltov

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next