Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 3:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Valentine's Help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:59 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Mns wrote:
Also, knowing that you can detonate a relationship or friendship at any time, but are choosing not to is incredibly calming when you're in a minor spat with someone. It really helps to make sure that if you care about the person, no permanent damage is done.

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:48 am  

Obtuse Oaf

I do for others that which I hope from them. If they fuck it up, at least I know I did all that I could.

Feeling pretty bruised in the love department right now :/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am  

Blathering Buffoon

I hate love, sex, and relationships. I'd prefer to just have someone around who would just hang out with me and let me be myself. Unfortunately it's all about meeting their friends and parents and a bunch of worthless interactions that bore me.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

Post subject: Valentine's Help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:13 pm  

Str8 Actin Dude

Callysta wrote:
I do for others that which I hope from them. If they fuck it up, at least I know I did all that I could.

When you have two people who do this mutually and rather than hope for more, appreciate what the other does and draw motivation from their efforts and caring, that to me is what forms the basis of a healthy long term relationship.

If a relationship is disproportionately one sided, it will ultimately fail in my opinion.

Brawlsack

Taking an extended hiatus from gaming

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:30 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Quote:
Scientists Discover Link Between Love And Suicide

An expansive, cross-cultural study undertaken by Harvard Medical and recently published in the New England Journal of Medicine has revealed a startling link between strong feelings of love and suicide.

"The findings were quite astonishing," said Dr Frank Mutts, a research professor with the university. "It's generally believed that love makes people happy, but this study shows that usually isn't the case."

Over the course of the 20-year-study, researchers followed the love lives of a thousand men and women between the ages of 18 and 55. Subjects filled out weekly reports on their romantic feelings, relationship status and sexual activity. Romantic encounters were discreetly recorded and studied by the researchers. Volunteers submitted to monthly electroencephalographic scans and MRIs, which were correlated against their survey responses and romantic activity level.

"What we found was, people feel happy when they're in love, but if they later feel like they're not in love anymore, they typically become more unhappy than before they were in love. Love appears to have a euphoric and addictive effect, similar to cocaine and heroin - it increases dopamine levels, builds up a dependency, and when the subject can't get any more love, he suffers a crash, often resulting in depression and suicide.

"Our research pretty well blows the roof off the unscientific bromide that 'it is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved'."

Dr Mutts advises the general public to proceed cautiously in situations that may involve love until the link between love and suicide is better understood.

"In science, correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation, but it certainly implies it. And there is a very strong correlation between love and suicide, so we're advising individuals of all backgrounds to exercise caution in relationships in which love may be involved, or, if possible, to abstain from love for the time being.

"Personally, I haven't ever been in love, and I'm a research professor here at Harvard. Some would say that would make me uninformed, but that's why my team and I have done a ton of field research, observing romantic interactions in all kinds of settings and relationships. In clubs, in dance halls, in restaurants, in bowling alleys, in places of residence, in the bedroom, between men and women of the same and different races, you name it, we've observed, recorded and studied it, shared our findings with our peers and consulted them on any behaviors or other empirical phenomena we didn't understand - scientifically, and as unobtrusively as possible.

"I found the research very fulfilling, and I think my abstaining from love is a big part of that," concluded Dr Muttz.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Callysta wrote:

Quote:
~~~ "Is crashing a marriage then playing yourself as if you're half your age going to make me happy?" ~~~ Find out on 26

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I've always said that it's NOT better to have loved and lost. Ever. That's just bullshit people say to make themselves feel as though losing that big part of your life is a good thing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:40 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Dotzilla wrote:
I hate love, sex, and relationships. I'd prefer to just have someone around who would just hang out with me and let me be myself.

You say that like it's impossible to find a member of the opposite sex you can be yourself around. It's just not true.

Dotzilla wrote:
Unfortunately it's all about meeting their friends and parents and a bunch of worthless interactions that bore me.

Well, if it's someone you have a genuine kinship with, their friends could easily, or should easily, become your friends. And if their family is important to them, meeting them shouldn't be the absolute worst thing ever. Do you like your family? Do you like your friends? What makes yours better than theirs, and theirs "not worth knowing"?

Perhaps you're just looking for someone who views friendship and family as you do? Boring interactions that are to be avoided. I think that's your move....find someone who dislikes their family and has few friends.

Usdk wrote:
I've always said that it's NOT better to have loved and lost. Ever. That's just bullshit people say to make themselves feel as though losing that big part of your life is a good thing.

It felt like that for me too...especially after I lost the love of my life and contemplated suicide. But I didn't pack it in...I endured.

It made me stronger, made me a better person, and after falling so far and so hard...I know I wouldn't be the person I am today without that experience. That's not just bullshit...it's fact.

Callysta wrote:

:( *e-hug*

Azelma

Post subject: Re: Re: Valentine's Help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:41 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Battletard wrote:
Callysta wrote:

When you have two people who do this mutually and rather than hope for more, appreciate what the other does and draw motivation from their efforts and caring, that to me is what forms the basis of a healthy long term relationship.

If a relationship is disproportionately one sided, it will ultimately fail in my opinion.

Believe me, I know.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Callysta of Reverence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:44 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Well, jeez, now I have to text you and find out what happened with things and stuff.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

She knows, I'm sure. But I've never said it, it's an unsaid thing between us. Kinda complicated I know, but idk. She's always been meh about the girls I know/are friends with. But we're not betrothed or anything, I just know for a fact that she's the only girl I know that I will marry. And that's saying something.

She's more than welcome to do what she pleases while we're both in school. If I still love her and she still loves me afterwards, it's even more proof that we're meant to be together. If not... well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

Picture? Picture.

I don't have my facial hair, so I look like crap, but it's my favorite picture of her.

EDIT: Cally, I'm told I'm the best listener people have ever met. Do you have whatsapp or iMessage? I'm here if you want to get something off your shoulders :)

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

mmmmm caramel.......

Azelma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:59 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Nihilism is a copout.

Last edited by Aestu on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:01 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Azelma wrote:
mmmmm caramel.......

I feel so incredibly bad for saying this, but the first thing that came to mind is that she looks like a more attractive version of Tera Patrick.

What's her education, Fanta? Like, uh...if you could tie her to a post, or keep her in a bronze tower and throw away the key or something, you probably should.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:08 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Aestu wrote:
Azelma wrote:
mmmmm caramel.......

I feel so incredibly bad for saying this, but the first thing that came to mind is that she looks like a more attractive version of Tera Patrick.

I can totally see that.

Azelma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:34 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Not quite, she looks like a better version of that woman from Royal Pains

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next