Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:25 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: CNN tests drivers after smoking up to 1 Gram of weed
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:15 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Zaryi wrote:
they hate themselves. or their situation.

I won't deny this.

Actually, I was expecting someone to bring this up sooner. My response is that MMOs are an experience just like anything else in life, while drugs are the opposite of an experience, they are the denial of experience. Drugs are inherently offensive to human dignity.

Aestu of Bleeding Hollow...

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:00 pm  

French Faggot

Depending on how you define dignity, taking a shit or masturbating is offensive to human dignity.

I don't accept that anything is "inherently" offensive to dignity because "dignity" isn't inherent.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:20 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

Aestu wrote:
My response is that MMOs are an experience just like anything else in life, while drugs are the opposite of an experience, they are the denial of experience. Drugs are inherently offensive to human dignity.

I'm not a fan of drug abuse (as opposed to use), but I don't think you realize that drugs are, or can be, an experience.

Hell, half the fun I have when I'm drunk is moderating my reactions and behavior to see how many people will fail to realize I'm intoxicated.

I'm mildly intoxicated right now, btw.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:24 am  

Blathering Buffoon

Yuratuhl wrote:
Depending on how you define dignity, taking a shit or masturbating is offensive to human dignity.

I don't accept that anything is "inherently" offensive to dignity because "dignity" isn't inherent.

I couldn't agree more. I find solace in determining what's right and wrong for myself, and not allowing some idealogically tainted bureaucrat to influence my moral compass.

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:05 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yuratuhl wrote:

Boom.

Your move, Aestu.

Azelma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 am  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Yuratuhl wrote:

Jubbergun wrote:
I'm not a fan of drug abuse (as opposed to use), but I don't think you realize that drugs are, or can be, an experience.

Dotzilla wrote:
I find solace in determining what's right and wrong for myself, and not allowing some idealogically tainted bureaucrat to influence my moral compass.

Pretty much all of this.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:24 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Ever done drugs aestu?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:31 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Usdk wrote:
Ever done drugs aestu?

I've been on a lot of meds. Illegal drugs, no.

(I already know how you will respond and have a counter ready)

Yuratuhl wrote:
Depending on how you define dignity, taking a shit or masturbating is offensive to human dignity. I don't accept that anything is "inherently" offensive to dignity because "dignity" isn't inherent.

Your remark is a false reflexive because your two uses of "dignity" and "inherent" refer to different things: the human condition in the case of the latter, and the things that influence it in the case of the former. Human dignity is (probably) not inherent, e.g., a homeless person or feral human getting by however he is able. Human dignity is the product of a way of life, and there are some things inherently offensive to it.

Taking a shit and masturbating are good examples, and that's why we do those things in private. By the same token, I don't particularly have a problem with people smoking weed behind closed doors, but I do believe it is necessary to keep weed illegal to prevent the lifestyle from pervading society.

Check, Mr Tuhl.

Dotzilla wrote:
I couldn't agree more. I find solace in determining what's right and wrong for myself, and not allowing some idealogically tainted bureaucrat to influence my moral compass.

What you call right and wrong is not right and wrong, it is the opposite of right and wrong, it is, "I want to do this because it feels good".

Ideologically tainted? What ideology? Bureaucrat? Where? How? Why? Who?

"Ideologically tainted bureaucrat" is pure bogeyman. You talk about mythical bogeymen out to "influence" you because you know you're being insincere so you invent a myth to justify it. All philosophies of unthinking do the same thing - blame problems on bogeymen and avoid tangibles.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:49 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Aestu wrote:
By the same token, I don't particularly have a problem with people smoking weed behind closed doors, but I do believe it is necessary to keep weed illegal to prevent the lifestyle from pervading society.

Yet the drunken party lifestyle that pervades society is acceptable?

You should see people at sporting events, on friday nights at clubs, etc...many drunkards act like complete idiots. Again, this is okay to you, but the idea of someone being able to smoke a joint legally could destroy society's very fabric?

When was the last time you heard about someone getting high and starting a fight? Let me take you to Wrigleyville in Chicago on a Saturday night, you'll observe several alcohol-fueled fights I'm sure.

I just don't understand how it's okay to have something like alcohol legal and weed must remain illegal to "prevent the lifestyle from pervading society"

I agree that you can become an apathetic burnout on weed...but you can become a useless drunk with alcohol use.

I think you've allowed unjust laws and political bias to cloud your perception here. Furthermore, the fact that you've never actually been high (have you ever been good friends with someone who gets high) causes your opinion to lose a considerable amount of weight.

Azelma

Last edited by Azelma on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:51 pm  

Deliciously Trashy

Again, I don't think you realize how common the 'lifestyle' is.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Zaryi wrote:

This too. I know of many successful people who smoke weed regularly, or at least did so in the past.

Aestu's fear amounts to nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction from Reefer Madness propaganda.

Here you go buddy...let the elites that control society keep convincing you that Weed is the worst thing ever and needs to remain illegal.

Azelma

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:07 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Zaryi wrote:

I understand perfectly. I have pointed out to you how things would change if that lifestyle were actually legitimate. A good analogy (without bringing this back to lolwomen) is extramarital affairs and sexual abuse 50 years ago. Just because people didn't make a big deal about it didn't mean it didn't happen, and the double-standard was useful in keeping things stable.

Azelma wrote:
Here you go buddy...let the elites that control society keep convincing you that Weed is the worst thing ever and needs to remain illegal.

Insofar as there are "elites controlling society", apathy is inherently in their interest. World of Aldous Huxley. It is precisely because I fear the "elites" desire to "control society" (appropriate wealth and commit injustice) that I believe weed must be illegal for freedom and democracy to prevail.

Azelma wrote:
Yet the drunken party lifestyle that pervades society is acceptable?

You should see people at sporting events, on friday nights at clubs, etc...many drunkards act like complete idiots. Again, this is okay to you, but the idea of someone being able to smoke a joint legally could destroy society's very fabric?

When was the last time you heard about someone getting high and starting a fight? Let me take you to Wrigleyville in Chicago on a Saturday night, you'll observe several alcohol-fueled fights I'm sure.

No, it isn't acceptable. I believe there need to be far-reaching changes in American society to discourage the lifestyle, and those changes are inhernetly opposed to legalizing weed, a step in the wrong direction.

Starting fights is fine; there are punishments for that, a means of establishing social boundaries and keeping things in check. There can be no punishment for being apathetic, which is why it is so much more dangerous.

Azelma wrote:
I just don't understand how it's okay to have something like alcohol legal and weed must remain illegal to "prevent the lifestyle from pervading society" I agree that you can become an apathetic burnout on weed...but you can become a useless drunk with alcohol use.

And then you will be physically and mentally incapacitated and excluded from mainstream society, and miserable for it. The danger of weed is allowing apathy to pervade mainstream society - letting things get worse and worse because people are "whatever".

Azelma wrote:
I think you've allowed unjust laws and political bias to cloud your perception here. Furthermore, the fact that you've never actually been high (have you ever been good friends with someone who gets high) causes your opinion to lose a considerable amount of weight.

What is the basis and origin of my bias? Yes, I have many friends etc who do pot, and I think it's a disgusting habit for the reasons I stated. You know well enough I take pride in my intensity and believe it to be a positive quality, and I resent the contrary attitude that sees weed as okay.

If I got high, do you really think it would change my opinion? If I got high and my opinion didn't change, what then, would you accept my opinion as the better?

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

If the "elites" have any agenda here, it is to keep "the little people" talking about these "ideologically motivated bureaucrats" that they believe in like Santa Claus based on what they hear in the media that is their only source of information, that they can't pin down to any specific person or place or agency or act...and stone themselves into oblivion with weed rather than think about how much their world sucks and why.

Nihilism is a copout.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:17 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

Quote:
"Ideologically tainted bureaucrat"

Verily, I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves proud because they had no claws.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:33 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

OK, so who's being manipulated here, you or me?

You are actually forming your beliefs based on a piece of mass media describing a fantasy world for the benefit of a bunch of stoner losers who will pay to hear what they want to hear, to justify their pathetic obsession with getting high. "Ideologically tainted bureaucrat" is a bogeyman for the ignorant, impressionable, and willfully self-deluded.

Let me emphasize that for you. YOU BELIEVE IN SOMETHING THAT IS NOT REAL. Because you have been manipulated by the drumbeat of the media.

You proved my point. And just to drive it home, insofar as that satire bore a resemblance to anything real, not so long ago you were one of those mindless military zombies (and by that I mean the enlisted types standing at attention when Col Jackboot struts around) convinced you're part of some heroic enterprise, undertaken at taxpayer expense of course.

And you were a sucker for it and resisted (and still do) anyone telling you that you were many things but certainly not anything virtuous or heroic. Who's really being manipulated by the "bureaucrats" here, Dot?

Nihilism is a copout.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next