Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:48 pm

Post subject: Xbox One and the Future of Gaming
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:16 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/05/x ... -analysis/

What are your thoughts? Personally I hate the name, but am intrigued by the next gen console. I've never actually bought a console during the year it was released (eg: I got a Nintendo long after they were popular for cheap, same with a 64, and an Xbox 360).

Interesting too thinking about the future of gaming. It's no secret that consoles are where the money is, and even though the glorious PC gaming master race chimes in with "herr derr consoles suckksssssss n000bbbbss" it doesn't change the fact that it's far more popular and more companies are developing games for them. Think of all the new game titles that come out...how many are PC-only? And how many have PC as an after-thought? For example, rumor has it that Blizzard's next MMO "Titan" will almost certainly not be a PC-only game.

Azelma

Post subject: Re: Xbox One and the Future of Gaming
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:29 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Oh and the efforts Xbox and PlayStation are making to destroy the used games era are awful.

I always trade games with friends...awful that they will make you pay for this.

Azelma

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:12 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

I think everything that has been needed to be said has been said in this thread.

Also rhymes.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:23 pm  

French Faggot

Azelma wrote:
Think of all the new game titles that come out...how many are PC-only?

Every MMO worth playing, every RTS ever, any FPS that requires skill, and the vast majority of MOBAs (which are insanely popular).

Your sensationalism amuses me.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:08 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

console games are ok i guess.

Ive had infinitely more fun on PC.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:58 pm  

Stupid Schlemiel

Azelma wrote:
Oh and the efforts Xbox and PlayStation are making to destroy the used games era are awful.

I always trade games with friends...awful that they will make you pay for this.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

Truly the worst conference I've seen in years.

WATCHING TV
WATCHING TV
WATCHING TV
CALL OF DUTY

If the ps4 doesn't offer something enticing I'll just skip this gen all together.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:14 am  

Feckless Fool

Monotheist wrote:
Truly the worst conference I've seen in years.

WATCHING TV
WATCHING TV
WATCHING TV
CALL OF DUTY

If the ps4 doesn't offer something enticing I'll just skip this gen all together.

seriously. this was my thought the entire time.

YOU CAN BRING UP AN INTERNET TAB WHILE YOU WATCH STAR TREK. oh, you mean like on a PC.
YOU CAN USE SKYPE. oh, it's a PC.

i didn't expect too much on the games side of thing. sony didn't show a lot either, they're saving it for E3, and, even though most of what sony showed didn't look overly amazing, they at least showed something. all microsoft showed was fucking wireframes and a dog. i don't even know what they were thinking. but hey, at least they mentioned 5 BILLION TRANSISTORS, would hate to have known any important information regarding the hardware. with some of the other stories that have been showing up since after the event that have confirmed some of the shit tier rumors that were going on before, maybe people will stop buying this fucking thing.

also found it funny that they were pushing the ability to slide and lean as some new innovative thing in a shooter. why do i hate video games so much

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:21 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yuratuhl wrote:
Azelma wrote:
Think of all the new game titles that come out...how many are PC-only?

Every MMO worth playing, every RTS ever, any FPS that requires skill, and the vast majority of MOBAs (which are insanely popular).

Your sensationalism amuses me.

Ha, true, I do tend to sensationalize...but "any FPS that requires skill" quantify that please - specific examples, citing why CoD or Halo, etc. requires zero skill to be good at, and why and which PC only FPS games do require skill to be good at.

Also, not every RTS ever has been PC-only. ;)

Azelma

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:47 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

That one sucked, the one for SNES/PS1 was way better.

And OB is a decent example of a good RTS that has no multiplayer whatsoever.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:18 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Usdk wrote:
That one sucked, the one for SNES/PS1 was way better.

Disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Azelma

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 pm  

French Faggot

Any FPS that you can play without a mouse requires zero skill. This is an objective fact.

A superb CoD or Halo player will get his dick punched in by a mediocre Quake or Unreal player.

Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:23 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yuratuhl wrote:
Any FPS that you can play without a mouse requires zero skill. This is an objective fact.

Having played both (on consoles and on PCs...though PC FPS's were more when I was younger...Quake, Unreal Tournament etc.) I still see no proof that makes this "objective fact" The very fact that there are players that are better than others in Console FPS games implies that there is a level of skill. If there were no skill required, you, me, anyone could start playing Halo or CoD and immediately become one of the best in the world simply because of being a mediocre FPS PC gamer. The idea is ludicrous.

Yuratuhl wrote:
A superb CoD or Halo player will get his dick punched in by a mediocre Quake or Unreal player

In what? Quake or Unreal on a PC? Well obviously, if they weren't used to gaming on a PC. Or are you arguing that the Quake and Unreal players would be naturally better if they switched to a console and faced a superb CoD or Halo player in those games? I'd like to see evidence of this, because it sounds like Glorious PC Gaming Master Race propaganda.

You've talked before about PCs being better for FPS games due to the nature/responsiveness of a mouse versus using a thumbstick to look around. I'll buy that (though, some of the best Halo/CoD players I've seen have their stick sensitivity set so high they can turn and aim very, very quickly).

I just don't understand how you can say across the board one takes more skill than the other...or if one player is good at one (or even mediocre), they are inherently better than even the best players of the other. They are different skill sets, and while you can argue about the quality of gaming experience, the challenge of using a keyboard and mouse to move and shoot versus 1 controller...saying that across the board, players of one are "better" than players of the other, or that one has "zero skill" required has exactly zero basis in fact.

Present me with some real objective proof to back up your statements here (other than your own opinions and declarations), and I'll concede the point. You're a lawyer, I need evidence.

Azelma

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:58 pm  

French Faggot

Need the fine control. Thumbstick just can't compare.

Obligatory "Get Quaked"

Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh