Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 1:28 am

Post subject: Re: College Preparation
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:04 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

I'm going to college for Film production. I'm not 100% sure what I want to do yet as a career, but I enjoy the editing parts of it and the post production.

Stream: www.athenelive.com/brykon
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Brykon50?feature=mhee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:29 pm  

Blathering Buffoon

Highscore wrote:

As for recommendations: He is right, make yourself stand out. This is very easy because the majority of your classmates will rarely, if ever, speak up in class or go to ask for help. Teachers love students who put themselves out there and they remember them. They are also more lenient on grading for those students simply because they are not just another face. Don't worry about being wrong in front of your peers because they are just as dumb if not dumber than you. Sit in the front so you are not distracted by them either.

All this has done is make me a target of hostility for my classmates.

s^ | Kay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:21 pm  

French Faggot

Well, there's a difference between a "gunner" who can't shut the fuck up because he's trying to impress his professors and an actually smart person participating because that's what the situation calls for. Law school was full of the first.

I suspect you're more of the second, Kay.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:28 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Kayllaira wrote:
Highscore wrote:

As for recommendations: He is right, make yourself stand out. This is very easy because the majority of your classmates will rarely, if ever, speak up in class or go to ask for help. Teachers love students who put themselves out there and they remember them. They are also more lenient on grading for those students simply because they are not just another face. Don't worry about being wrong in front of your peers because they are just as dumb if not dumber than you. Sit in the front so you are not distracted by them either.

All this has done is make me a target of hostility for my classmates.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:56 pm  

Stupid Schlemiel

I'm that quiet guy that knows all the answers but rarely speaks. Being shy is fucking retarded.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:35 am  

Feckless Fool

I always appreciated people who contributed. Of course like Tuhl said there's contributing, and there's dominating the discourse. The latter is fucking insufferable, but the former is crucial.

Making yourself stand out probably the wrong idea in that sense. You can stand out to a lecturer by merely contributing in class, as well as doing extras outside of the class where jealous classmates won't see it. Office hours are awesome.

Laetitia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:29 am  

Blathering Buffoon

Spacehunter wrote:
I always appreciated people who contributed. Of course like Tuhl said there's contributing, and there's dominating the discourse. The latter is fucking insufferable, but the former is crucial.

Making yourself stand out probably the wrong idea in that sense. You can stand out to a lecturer by merely contributing in class, as well as doing extras outside of the class where jealous classmates won't see it. Office hours are awesome.

see my problem is i've made myself stand out because people found out i get good grades. i dont talk to anyone in my class, i sit alone in the back. during our lunch break i stay in there alone on my laptop. i offer to help people who tell me they are struggling, and im a really good team player in clinicals. i'll help anyone with anything at any time, if i am able. even those who've been rude to me, cause it's about the patients and not our disagreements. it doesn't seem to help me make any friends. it's always like this and i'm honestly figuring at this point that it's something i'm doing without realizing it but nobody will tell me what it is

s^ | Kay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:06 pm  

Stupid Schlemiel

Kayllaira wrote:
Spacehunter wrote:

see my problem is i've made myself stand out because people found out i get good grades. i dont talk to anyone in my class, i sit alone in the back. during our lunch break i stay in there alone on my laptop. i offer to help people who tell me they are struggling, and im a really good team player in clinicals. i'll help anyone with anything at any time, if i am able. even those who've been rude to me, cause it's about the patients and not our disagreements. it doesn't seem to help me make any friends. it's always like this and i'm honestly figuring at this point that it's something i'm doing without realizing it but nobody will tell me what it is

You sound like me. Let's be friends one day.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:13 am  

Feckless Fool

sounds like they're jealous and have small penises

Laetitia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:47 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I only contributed in classes I 1) gave a shit about and 2) liked the teacher.