Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 4:26 am

Post subject: 4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched w/o Consent
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:29 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Honestly think he should have just rolled his window down.

Regardless, the cops were being dicks for no real reason.

Post subject: Re: 4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched w/o Con
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:04 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

So the next time I need the calamity of dried pop and decaying fast food that is the passenger side of my truck cleaned out, I'll just not roll my window down all the way.

Leave a little garbage bag in there, see if the cop cleans it as he searches.

Holy shit if it works it would be totally worth it. Make a real public servant out of them.

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:00 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

That's America for you.

Azelma

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:16 pm  

Obtuse Oaf

YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAWW!

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:36 pm  

Feckless Fool

Quote:
Honestly think he should have just rolled his window down.

he should have. being a smartass about the whole thing is only going to make people pissed off, that's common sense and you are lying through your teeth if you say you wouldn't get pissy or suspicious in the same spot. it doesn't excuse them, and they're probably going to get shit on for it, but honestly these videos and the people who make them are massive fucking tools and it's on par with gawker sites making clickbait bullshit to get hits.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:46 am  

Malodorous Moron

I used to live an hour a half from there, most of these cops think if you're an average person who knows the law but aren't a lawyer, you're obviously a criminal. Not all of them are typical police state bitches, but this one got caught on cam. No offense to the good cops out there. Yes, they're out there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:54 am  

Pinheaded Pissant

Anything become of this yet other than the video going viral?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:35 am  

Malodorous Moron

Highscore wrote:
Anything become of this yet other than the video going viral?

Thanks to things like the "Patriot Act", there's not much the police state can't get away with. The only word as of yet is "under investigation as to if the officers involved have done anything illegal".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:09 pm  
Tasty Tourist

Alopex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

That last video is awesome.

AND I was able to learn a bit more.

Apparently asking "Am I being detained" is the perfect thing...if they say yes, then you have the right to remain silent until you have a lawyer. If they say no then you can legally drive away.

Asking "am I free to go" works in a similar way...if they say yes, then you can drive away. If they say no, then that can be taken as them detaining you, so you can remain silent and wait for a lawyer.

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:25 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Azelma wrote:
That last video is awesome.

Awesome is hardly the word for it.

For the most part, it's a bunch of punks being trendy. Aka giving cops a hard time over petty bullshit because you can is the new planking/coning/etc.

I mean, these people are just trying to do their jobs half the time. Most of those videos, the people pull up and immediately start giving the cops attitude despite how nice/passive they're asking their questions. Certain jobs require you to ask customers if they'd like to buy the special item of the month or w/e, this is hardly different but with bigger consequences. I hate asking customers shit so I don't.

All that's going to come of this is, more people are going to start doing it because they think it's funny and we live in a generation filled with childish people. As a result of that, they're going to push/sneak a law change in somewhere to allow them to ask such questions or even to search your car without permission anyways, even if only at select high security locations.

A lot of the cops in the video there I'm sure could have detained these people and given them the full work over but didn't cause no one wants to harass people they truly don't suspect nor deal with all that shit anyways. You bet your ass if they truly suspected someone was doing something illegal they'd detain them.

Let's say they detain an average Joe who just thinks it's funny to harass cops. He requests a lawyer (since you know he doesn't actually have one) so they get him a state lawyer or w/e, wasting valuable time and assets in the process. Let's say they go through a whole range of motions, finally deciding there's nothing wrong and letting him go or w/e.

Our court system is shitty enough without punks tying it up over petty shit (as if they don't already).

Yes, there's a limit to how much should be done. Asking a simple question is not crossing a line. Might as well get pissed at the bar for getting ID.

If it was me, I'd detain their ass and go all the way with it. If I couldn't do that, I'd send them packing the way the came. It's my job not to let suspicious people through than so be it. If you notice, at least two of those cops, after being harassed for an extended period of time, just looked at the back of the car and let them through. That's because they were tired of dealing with them and faked like they had correctly checked them so they didn't get in trouble.

Funny thing is, these same people busting the cop's balls about petty shit are the same people who want increased security and better illegal immigration control yet here they are picking it apart.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:17 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

I dunno. I'm more on the side of the citizens in this video.

There's a difference between police work and harassment, and these guys are harassing people.

Not giving your badge number, not giving your name when asked in a peaceful, non confrontational conversation like these guys are having, to me screams of corruption.

The only problem I'm having with this is that eventually one of these guys is going to snap and someone is going to get hurt. And more laws will start backing up the corruption of these immigration "law enforcement."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:52 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Usdk wrote:
I dunno. I'm more on the side of the citizens in this video.

There's a difference between police work and harassment, and these guys are harassing people.

Not giving your badge number, not giving your name when asked in a peaceful, non confrontational conversation like these guys are having, to me screams of corruption.

The only problem I'm having with this is that eventually one of these guys is going to snap and someone is going to get hurt. And more laws will start backing up the corruption of these immigration "law enforcement."

I disagree, least for the majority of these clips. Look at the first one:
Guy: "Sup man"
Cop: "How are you doing today sir"
Guy: "Good"
Cop: "Are you a citizen?"
Guy: "That's my business"

and it goes on from there.

Look at 3:37. First thing out of the drivers mouth is "Am I free to go?"

The clip before that, the guy immediately started grilling her then asking only if he was being detained.

I feel like we didn't even watch the same video. Unless of you're referring to the first video in which case yeah I think the cops went too far there but once again the guy should have just rolled his window down for the safety of himself and the officers.

Not all the cops in the 2nd video refused to give names and badge numbers despite how much of a dick the guys were being. How would you feel if it was you? Having a camera pointed at you, sometimes right in your face, as you're essentially being told you can't do your job? Is it a possibility that some cops got in trouble over this? (because they didn't do their job in it's entirety) Absolutely possible even if unlikely.

Some of the videos start half way in. Which could mean it escalated from either party. These people had cameras ready to try and purposely piss officers off because they think it's the cool thing to do, nothing more. I'd really like to see the full version of some of the half videos.

All I'm saying is, think about it from the other perspective. Not saying it's okay for random cops to stop you on the streets and search your vehicle or hold you for no reason. I'm just saying that in certain circumstance they're just doing their job. Like at a border. Any of those people COULD have had an illegal immigrant in the trunk of their vehicle.

This to me is no different than

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... hdlJFq60Gs

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... c-rrTCHR0g

Pretty sure we've linked this before.

These two even have the balls to act upset that he'd accuse them of doing exactly what they were going to do. Then accuse him of having a bad night.

There's a line between cops harassing people and people harassing cops and the 2nd video leans more towards the cops being harassed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:53 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Usdk wrote:
And more laws will start backing up the corruption of these immigration "law enforcement."

What is so corrupt about asking if you're a citizen when you're patrolling the border?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:28 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Aside from the obvious racial profiling this law promotes, if there's no probable cause they have no right to stop anyone and ask anything.

I like these videos purely on the basis that they promote knowing your own rights. I may change my mind if any violence explodes over behavior like this.