Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 6:13 am

Post subject: Re: Re: 4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched w/o
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:37 pm  

Stupid Schlemiel

Yuratuhl wrote:
Lucinth wrote:
None of it matters because there aren't enough people to make the necessary sacrifices to change anything. So unless you're willing to pick up a gun and actually take part in a revolution to change what you believe to be injustice, then you accept everything for what it is. I should mention to that any armed revolution is going to end in the very system of government you hate so much. I would love it if Utopia were possible and the world really would take care of each other, but that's not how the universe works.

If you are weak, you will die. If you are strong, you will live.

All life has, is, and will forever be subject to this one rule. It's not coincidence is drives the very nature of our existence.

I can't tell if you're making fun of libertarianism or if you're actually retarded.

Tell me how and when the world has operated on any other principle then. You can't.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

Post subject: Re: 4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched w/o Con
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:48 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Usdk wrote:
They were not allowed to move freely about their business, it's being detained. There's a difference between being detained and being arrested sure, but those checkpoints are bullshit start to finish.

So, once again, cops should just magically do their job without asking questions? No question witnesses or potential suspects? Haha, okay. Good luck man. Enjoy living in a world where crime is okay.

Fantastique wrote:
Quote:
I guess none of it matters if we feel "safer" right? And we shouldn't be able to film cops to make sure this kind of crap doesn't happen, right? And we shouldn't be able to protect ourselves from our government....because corrupt people in authority would never take advantage of situations, right?

Exactly zero people have asserted any of these.

You're comparing two extremes. The extremes of almost anything are usually bad. If you are being asked a simple question, answer it and make your life and their lives easier. If you are being harassed, take appropriate action.

inb4 "asking my citizenship status at a border checkpoint is harassment!!!!!111" No. No it is not.

Exactly.

Lucinth wrote:
If you're going to make an issue of what you believe is power corruption, you should make sure the power is actually being abused. Being an asshole and trolling police is different from being beaten to death while you walk the street.

Thank you.

---------------------------------------------

People act like cops never have anything bad to them or that people don't fuck them. Or hell, that all cops are bad cops.

In regards to trolling:

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=cop+t ... a=N&tab=w1

https://www.youtube.com/results?q=cop+p ... a=N&tab=w1

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yTBHCNHaQo[/youtube]

And this is a growing trend. The attitudes of some of these people. They're the ones purposely fucking with the cops and they have the balls to get upset that the cops even talk to them. Fake or not.

There's also numerous videos similar to these
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGuwvS62syM[/youtube]

Police brutality is more wide spread and well known (because of it being more of a "hot" issue) but probably happens a hell of a lot less than cops getting beaten up. You know, because it's their job. It's like how you never hear about fucked up things that black people do to white people. But when a white person does ANYTHING to a black person, it's world news. Media exploits what will get the most views/shares.

So I don't know, between the pranksters and constant threats of physical harm, you ask why cops are the way the are.

Something else to chew on, Cops that break the law or go to far, a lot of times, are going to be disciplined and/or fired. People are always going to be a threat. Bad day, bad week, shitty life, etc. They don't have to be a cop to beat the fuck out of you or your group of protesters.

Once again though, the main focus of my arguments were of cops asking of your citizenship status at a border checkpoint is just them doing there job. If you disagree then you obviously don't believe we should even have borders or even cops.

tldr: People fuck with cops and even

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:09 pm  

French Faggot

"Accept everything or admit you don't want a police force" isn't a coherent argument.

Disclaimer: I'm a young white male with no recognizable accent. I like the police. I don't for one second pretend they're always the good guys. People assert constitutional violations of personal, due process, or procedural rights by police all the time. Do you think it's because they love wasting their money and wasting the time of constitutional lawyers? No you morons, it's because they want redress for actual violations.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:57 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Yuratuhl wrote:
"Accept everything or admit you don't want a police force" isn't a coherent argument.

Disclaimer: I'm a young white male with no recognizable accent. I like the police. I don't for one second pretend they're always the good guys. People assert constitutional violations of personal, due process, or procedural rights by police all the time. Do you think it's because they love wasting their money and wasting the time of constitutional lawyers? No you morons, it's because they want redress for actual violations.

No one said "accept everything". Just accept the fact that in order to do their jobs, the sole reason for even existing, they have ask questions. That's it. Not talking about corruption or bad cops nor saying they don't exist. Not even saying to ignore your rights. Just that they're trying to do their job most of the time.

I really don't see why that's so hard to grasp. I've said it like six times yet everyone's argument against it is that we have rights and that cops are doing coke off a young kids unconscious body aftee beating him for sneezing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:08 am  

French Faggot

The point of contention isn't whether they can ask questions, it's when and where. There is still room for discussion, even if you, in a personal capacity, think that them being free to interrogate anyone anywhere is how the job should be approached.

Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:27 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

I think "interrogate" is the incorrect word here.

As for the when and where, these cops were asking citizenship status questions at or close to the border (where) when people have recently crossed the border (when). They were not roaming the streets at night looking for a fight or anything dumb like that, they were just doing their job.

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:36 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

It's different when it's at a border crossing. Weren't those checkpoints in the video in the interior of the nation?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:03 pm  

French Faggot

That's ICE's job. If the police in question were ICE, then we're good. If not, then it's none of their fucking business.

Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:35 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

Yuratuhl wrote:
That's ICE's job. If the police in question were ICE, then we're good. If not, then it's none of their fucking business.

Of course you would argue semantics.

Yes, they were ICE. I used police/cops loosely to represent them. My bad. Didn't think anyone would be confused. They're just doing there job.

I still argue that, if a crime is committed that cops have to ask questions to do their job. I'm not talking about cops just asking stupid questions to harass people. I'm talking about cops asking someone if they saw anything. etc. That is them doing their job and without questions it's even more unlikely that they can successfully do their job. Hence, if you feel like cops asking you questions is a violation of your rights because you're being "detained" then you're stupid and believe we just shouldn't have cops at all because without questions they're almost useless anyways. (Read: Simply asking you questions, not taking you away in handcuffs and beating you and forcing you to stay in location for hours and hours. You don't even have to answer but if you don't you're, once again, pretty much saying you don't want cops around at all.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:49 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

speaking of detainment, I just made an azorius detain deck for magic. It's so much fun!

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:55 am  

MegaFaggot 5000

Necrachilles wrote:
Yuratuhl wrote:

Of course you would argue semantics.

It isn't semantics when government agencies each have very clear and specified jobs. The term "cops" also doesn't really work with government agents. If I said the cops were coming, would you think that the local police were coming or the ATF?

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]