Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 2:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:28 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Superchat wrote:
Another White dude killing a black kid, wow, I keep forgetting how dangerous the states are.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2Z8vDKpVY

Thankfully no black person has ever killed a white person in history.

I think part of the problem is Zimmerman isn't hispanic sounding.

If he was George Gomez perhaps it wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:09 pm  

French Faggot

Azelma wrote:

Does that make it better? Someone's son is dead because a fat white retard didn't like rap.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:29 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yuratuhl wrote:
Azelma wrote:

Does that make it better? Someone's son is dead because a fat white retard didn't like rap.

It absolutely does not make it better, and I didn't imply as such

Murder is terrible no matter what the race of the person killed and the murderer is. I just don't think going through and highlighting every case where a white person kills a black person serves any purpose whatsoever. I could go around and find crimes done by someone of one race to another, what purpose would it serve?

Hell, OJ got off and he killed a white woman and her white lover. Funny how the African American community celebrated that, where as whites thought there was "no justice"

It's all one giant race bait. You can tell it is because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are around it saying stupid shit.

In both cases (OJ / Zimmerman), the prosecution failed to present information that would render the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Yet, here people are taking this thing and running with it talking about how the justice system doesn't work and basically claiming that any white person can just go around and kill black people with no repercussions. It's beyond idiotic. Yes, because in this one case the prosecution couldn't prove that it wasn't self defense, that means if I get a gun and decide to go shooting some kids on the south side, I'll get away with it because I'm white.

Fucking stupid.

It's controversial cases like this that further racial divides in this country and distract from real issues (the economy, war, education bubble, corporate greed, corrupt banks, etc.). The media runs with it and everyone becomes a fucking lawyer and thinks they know exactly what is "right" and what is "justice"

Fuck it all, man.

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:23 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Yuratuhl wrote:
Does that make it better? Someone's son is dead because a fat brown retard didn't like rap.

FTFY

BTW...apparently the Justice Department is going to have trouble with pushing a civil right/hate crime case against Zimmerman because that fat brown retard did more than a little bit of work with underprivileged (i.e.--minority) youth and they can't get anyone who knows him to call him a racist.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:36 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Azelma wrote:
It's all one giant race bait. You can tell it is because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are around it saying stupid shit.

It's controversial cases like this that further racial divides in this country and distract from real issues (the economy, war, education bubble, corporate greed, corrupt banks, etc.). The media runs with it and everyone becomes a fucking lawyer and thinks they know exactly what is "right" and what is "justice"

Fuck it all, man.

Dirty pool.

It is interesting to watch the media herd the sheep. Trayvon wasn't an innocent child, and his fighter image caught up to him. Zimmerman was white when he was free, then became a white hispanic after he was arrested. The president of the united states tainted the jury pool and distorted justice in an supposed effort to "unite", thereby having a political reason for "justice".

Necrachilles wrote:
The world is bullshit. Everything is meaningless. All of this is just a distraction from that fact that our existence is pointless and that we can't really change anything or anyone. The sooner your except that the better. You have been warned.

I accept your theory, but I need no warning.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:04 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Tehra wrote:
Zimmerman was white when he was free, then became a white hispanic after he was arrested.

As far as I can tell, the guy has always identified himself as a Latino (which makes sense in FL since doing so earns you a lot of connections "white" doesn't in politics and business) and the only people who have ever called him "white" in any way, shape, or form was the national news media, and they were only doing it because a Latino shooting a black kid doesn't allow them to spin their narrative, but a white guy shooting a black kid does. White liberals and asshats like Al Sharpton (who at this point in his life should know the dangers of inflammatory rhetoric) and Jesse Jackson still think it's the 1950s/60s and people are being lynched while churches burn, never mind the reality of the situation at hand.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:03 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Meanwhile some white guy gets beat to death by four black gangsters and no one bats a fucking eye.

Last edited by Usdk on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:29 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Here's one, Black Man beating up a defenseless white woman.

Again, we could go round and round finding instances of crime between races. But that's not really helpful, is it? What does that accomplish?

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:06 pm  

MegaFaggot 5000

You guys are aware that the reason that people got so up in arms about this isn't because a non-black guy killed a black child and the police initially let him go without an investigation, right?

EDIT:
Usdk wrote:
Meanwhile some white guy gets beat to death by four black gangsters and no one bats a fucking eye.

Except that it made the fucking news.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Mns wrote:
You guys are aware that the reason that people got so up in arms about this isn't because a non-black guy killed a black child and the police initially let him go without an investigation, right?

Yeah, and that was wrong. But now that the trial happened and the jury decided exactly what the police initially decided (self defense), I don't see why we're still harping on it.

Also, why is 17 considered a "child"? I know it's semantics, but the whole emphasizing of CHILD thing is a little ridiculous. A 10 year old is a child. A 17 year old is a teenager who is 1 year from 18, 1 year from being legally considered an adult.

Azelma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:29 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

Mns wrote:

Yeah, they got up in arms because they were told a white guy did it, which means it's automatically racist because, um, the south or something.

They didn't let him go without an investigation. They did an investigation and decided not to charge him, which honestly is worse if you believe he was one of the evil white devils and he killed that nice young black man, and would therefore be very a good reason to be up in arms.

I hope I'm never involved in anything even remotely related to race that has civil or criminal consequences. I could end up like this Zimmerman asshole and go from not being charged to being guilty-until-proven-innocent, or guilty-even-if-proven-innocent, if the national media decides to pull an Eric Cartman and sweep in screaming "RACE WAR!!!!"

"Journalism" has devolved into this:

As I think I already said, Zimmerman was a foolish, irresponsible ass, but prosecuting him was politically motivated and an abuse of the power of the state.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:13 am  

French Faggot

Jubbergun wrote:
Yuratuhl wrote:
Does that make it better? Someone's son is dead because a fat brown retard didn't like rap.

FTFY

I was referring to the guy in the article linked by Superchat, not to Zimmerman. The Zimmerman case, which was probably correctly decided based on Florida law and the rules of evidence, is much murkier than a white dude at a gas station plugging a teenager over an argument about loud music, with neither assault nor battery by the deceased party.

Azelma wrote:
Also, why is 17 considered a "child"? I know it's semantics, but the whole emphasizing of CHILD thing is a little ridiculous. A 10 year old is a child. A 17 year old is a teenager who is 1 year from 18, 1 year from being legally considered an adult.

Spoiler alert: 1 year from being legally considered an adult is a child, because he's not legally considered an adult.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:42 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

My bad, I didn't realize we were moving our focus off one retard onto another. I'll try to pay more attention next time.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:21 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Jubbergun wrote:
My bad, I didn't realize we were moving our focus off one retard onto another. I'll try to pay more attention next time.

Your Pal,
Jubber

Ditto.

Yuratuhl wrote:
Spoiler alert: 1 year from being legally considered an adult is a child, because he's not legally considered an adult.

Haha come on, you know the prosecution kept referring to him as a "child" to drum up sympathy...don't even pretend they weren't. You're right he technically is a "child" but when I say

"hey I saw a child at the Cubs game yesterday" - does your mind go to "17 year old" or do you think of someone a bit younger?

Put it another way in the scope of movies, you can see R-rated films at 17, by yourself. Child tickets can be purchased for ages 2-12, 13+ become student tickets. You can't deny that when someone says "child" it drums up thoughts of someone much younger than Trayvon Martin. Come on Tuhl, you're a smart lawyer guy...wouldn't you want to drum up extra sympathy for the deceased in hopes of a conviction?

Anyway:

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_ ... tions.html

Read this. One of the few rational articles I've seen that isn't a huge race bait one way or the other. In any case, I think I'm done talking about this trial. The media is going to go on and on about it, and people will assume (wrongly) that the verdict now means you can just shoot any black person with no repercussions. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will continue to be huge trolls who contribute little to society...life will go on. This is the world we live in.

Quote:

I almost joined the frenzy. Yesterday I was going to write that Zimmerman pursued Martin against police instructions and illustrated the perils of racial profiling. But I hadn’t followed the case in detail. So I sat down and watched the closing arguments: nearly seven hours of video in which the prosecution and defense went point by point through the evidence as it had been hashed out at the trial. Based on what I learned from the videos, I did some further reading.

It turned out I had been wrong about many things. The initial portrait of Zimmerman as a racist wasn’t just exaggerated. It was completely unsubstantiated. It’s a case study in how the same kind of bias that causes racism can cause unwarranted allegations of racism. Some of the people Zimmerman had reported as suspicious were black men, so he was a racist. Members of his family seemed racist, so he was a racist. Everybody knew he was a racist, so his recorded words were misheard as racial slurs, proving again that he was a racist.

The 911 dispatcher who spoke to Zimmerman on the fatal night didn’t tell him to stay in his car. Zimmerman said he was following a suspicious person, and the dispatcher told him, "We don't need you do to that." Chief prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda conceded in his closing argument that these words were ambiguous. De la Rionda also acknowledged, based on witness and forensic evidence that both men “were scraping and rolling and fighting out there.” He pointed out that the wounds, blood evidence, and DNA didn’t match Zimmerman’s story of being thoroughly restrained and pummeled throughout the fight. But the evidence didn’t fit the portrait of Martin as a sweet-tempered child, either. And the notion that Zimmerman hunted down Martin to accost him made no sense. Zimmerman knew the police were on the way. They arrived only a minute or so after the gunshot. The fight happened in a public area surrounded by townhouses at close range. It was hardly the place or time to start shooting.

That doesn’t make Zimmerman a hero. It just makes him a reckless fool instead of a murderer.

Azelma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:01 pm  

MegaFaggot 5000

Azelma wrote:
Haha come on, you know the prosecution kept referring to him as a "child" to drum up sympathy...don't even pretend they weren't. You're right he technically is a "child" but when I say

He was a child in the eyes of the law so they called him a child.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next