Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:19 pm

Post subject: Thanks Obama!!! (No Joke)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:15 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Just read this in the WSJ:

According to the Congressional Budget Office, annual outlays peaked at $3.598 trillion in fiscal 2011. After President Obama's first two years in office, many in Washington expected that number to hit $4 trillion by 2014. Instead, spending fell to $3.537 trillion in fiscal 2012, and is on pace to fall below $3.45 trillion by the end of this fiscal year (Sept. 30). The $150 billion budget decline of 4% is the first time federal expenditures have fallen for two consecutive years since the end of the Korean War.

Of course, that's happening because of the sequester, but President Obama should get the credit because a)he's the president, and if it had gone the other way he'd get the blame, and b) he was part of the decision-making process that led to the sequester.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

Post subject: Re: Thanks Obama!!! (No Joke)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Druid: Meowth
« Steam »« Xfire »
Glorious Death Metal Music

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:19 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Oh good, we poured a couple glasses of water back in our leaky tub.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 pm  

Stupid Schlemiel

meanwhile Canada's Dark Master takes after Bush, not Obama.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:27 am  

MegaFaggot 5000

Jubbergun wrote:
b) he was part of the decision-making process that led to the sequester.

Wasn't the sequester a bunch of bad stuff that happened because Republicans tried to hold the entire world hostage with the debt ceiling and then they couldn't come to a consensus about what to cut, so they tried to pin the sequester on Obama with a hashtag?

If so, I guess with that logic we should thank the president of China for all asians being really good at math.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:18 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Mns wrote:
Wasn't the sequester a bunch of bad stuff that happened because Republicans tried to hold the entire world hostage with the debt ceiling and then they couldn't come to a consensus about what to cut, so they tried to pin the sequester on Obama with a hashtag?

Yes

[✔] [item]Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker[/item] (Three)
[✔] [item]Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]32837[/item] & [item]32838[/item]
[✔] [item]Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury[/item]
[✔] [item]46017[/item]
[✔] [item]49623[/item] (Two)
[✔] [item]71086[/item]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:56 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

should have just cut everything. we all agree we spend too much. so lets not cut anything. #american politics.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:59 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Mns wrote:
Jubbergun wrote:
b) he was part of the decision-making process that led to the sequester.

If so, I guess with that logic we should thank the president of China for all asians being really good at math.

On August 2, 2011, President Obama signed the Budget Control Act of 2011 as part of an agreement with Congress to resolve the debt-ceiling crisis. The Act provided for a Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction (the "super committee") to produce legislation by late November that would decrease the deficit by $1.2 trillion over ten years. When the super committee failed to act,[8] another part of the BCA went into effect. This directed automatic across-the-board cuts (known as "sequestrations") split evenly between defense and domestic spending, beginning on January 2, 2013.

Not only was the President Obama part of the process, he's the one that signed the bill (the buck stops here, a president once said) into law. It wasn't just republicans that couldn't come to a decision on what to cut since the "super committee" was bipartisan and made up of an equal number of democrats and republicans--and shocker the committee couldn't agree on cuts. The hashtag, as I recall, was was used in twitter feeds identifying wasteful government programs, not to "blame" the president, but to highlight how easy it should be to remove a small percentage of spending by cutting unnecessary expenditures. Now that something good is coming out of it, I'd think you'd be happy that the president gets a little credit, but if you want to say it's all because of the republicans I'm sure they'll be happy to hear you sing their praises.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:39 pm  

MegaFaggot 5000

I realized why I shouldn't bother. If you don't think that a hashtag named #Obamaquester wasn't trying to pin the (incredibly upopular) sequester on the president I don't know what to tell you. Its alright, though. The Angry White People Party is going to be dead in 10 years anyways and it will be entirely their own damn fault.

RETIRED.
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Mayonaise[/armory]
[armory loc="US,Bleeding Hollow"]Jerkonaise[/armory]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:42 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

That's a new one I hadn't seen before, cool beans. I was referring to the #sequesterthis hashtag. I think the #Obamaquester hashtag has its merits, since President Obama had threatened to make the sequester cuts as painful as possible, threatening to cut things like USDA meat inspectors while the agency was funding wine tastings at the California Small Farm Conference.

I'm trying to give the guy credit because he was actually part of something that's turning out the right way, and you're pitching a bitchfest. Is that because you were one of the people forecasting doom-and-gloom if the sequester happened, and now that the sky hasn't fallen and things are looking up you're going to sulk about it?

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:16 am  

Malodorous Moron

I agree with everything except the small "Romney" banner.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:27 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

My favorite part is how the military budget has been slashed heavily.

Look at that...we aren't getting invaded. The world hasn't ended. And terrorists aren't blowing up every major US Monument.

WOW. Did not see that coming.

Azelma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:43 pm  

Feckless Fool

1:42 for one sentence? i ain't got time fo dat

Laetitia