Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:26 pm

Post subject: Re: The "Nice Guy"/"Friend-Zone" meme
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:22 pm  

Old Conservative Faggot

Azelma wrote:
Funny, you know guys abuse the friendzone in a different way? I know there are guys who have zero interest in being anything more than friends with a woman, but she'll be head over heels for them. And they'll bang her and bang her and never once let her out of the friendzone. For her part, she's desperate to get out of the friendzone and thinks each time they bang it might get her out of it. Alas...it will never happen. That's the female version of the friendzone. Basically, you don't get laid if you're a male getting friendzoned...if you are a woman, he still might bang you.

If you're having sex, you're not in the friendzone. You're in the FWBzone, regardless of gender, but in your example it's still the same kind of shitty taking advantage of a person by manipulating their desires with no intent to indulge them.

Azelma wrote:
I think you're taking specific examples of stupid bitches and applying it to all women again. This does not hold universally true. Also, stop associating with terrible women (as you've done with this one). You can do better, I know you can.

No, it's not just one example. I see/hear a lot of complaints from women about guys who don't want to be just friends (the internet is full of this bullshit), not just from the one I've brushed off and won't talk to anymore. If it's one person's right to not want a certain type of relationship, and anyone who doesn't accept their limits without complaint is a douche, it should just as well be another person's right not to want a certain type of relationship without complaint.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:35 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Jubbergun wrote:
Azelma wrote:
Funny, you know guys abuse the friendzone in a different way? I know there are guys who have zero interest in being anything more than friends with a woman, but she'll be head over heels for them. And they'll bang her and bang her and never once let her out of the friendzone. For her part, she's desperate to get out of the friendzone and thinks each time they bang it might get her out of it. Alas...it will never happen. That's the female version of the friendzone. Basically, you don't get laid if you're a male getting friendzoned...if you are a woman, he still might bang you.

If you're having sex, you're not in the friendzone. You're in the FWBzone, regardless of gender, but in your example it's still the same kind of shitty taking advantage of a person by manipulating their desires with no intent to indulge them.

Fair point. I guess I'm saying that kind of situation is much more common with women. Just the nature of sex. Many guys are willing to bang a chick as long as she's "alright" looking even if they have no real interest in her beyond that. I know many, many guys (especially from college) with that philosophy.

Jubbergun wrote:
Azelma wrote:
I think you're taking specific examples of stupid bitches and applying it to all women again. This does not hold universally true. Also, stop associating with terrible women (as you've done with this one). You can do better, I know you can.

No, it's not just one example. I see/hear a lot of complaints from women about guys who don't want to be just friends (the internet is full of this bullshit), not just from the one I've brushed off and won't talk to anymore. If it's one person's right to not want a certain type of relationship, and anyone who doesn't accept their limits without complaint is a douche, it should just as well be another person's right not to want a certain type of relationship without complaint.

Okay, true. But there are hypocrites on all sides. Because most people are assholes.

To provide a flipside example, I friendzoned a few girls in my day, and they all seemed to act pretty amicably about it. One actually thanked me for my honesty.

That's what used to piss me off...when women would dance around the thing (I know guys have done this too). If you're not interested, just tell me, you know? People need to learn more about being honest and straght forward in relationships. Society just fucks with everyone's head. It's an affliction both genders have.

Azelma

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:58 pm  

French Faggot

Usdk wrote:
pretty much that.

the thing that irritates me about the friend zone is that most of the girls who abuse that shit are ONLY worth having around for bedroom activities anyway. I don't get mad about being friends with women worth being friends with.

The stop fucking girls who aren't worth being friends with. Problem solved.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:55 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

well how else am I supposed to know if they're worth it or not?

and I'm not sleeping with the group to which I was referring.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:47 am  

Deliciously Trashy

Usdk wrote:
well how else am I supposed to know if they're worth it or not?

wait what.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:52 am  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

A guy's friendzone is a girl's wannabezone and a girl's friendzone is a guy's wannabezone!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:14 am  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Quote:
Fair point. I guess I'm saying that kind of situation is much more common with women. Just the nature of sex. Many guys are willing to bang a chick as long as she's "alright" looking even if they have no real interest in her beyond that. I know many, many guys (especially from college) with that philosophy.

I'm observing this.

It's fucking dumb because she's nonetheless aware of his intentions (or lack thereof).

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:54 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Weena wrote:
Quote:

I'm observing this.

It's fucking dumb because she's nonetheless aware of his intentions (or lack thereof).

Agreed...but do you mean to tell me that emotion/"love" or "infatuation" has never made you do something irrational or slightly stupid? Has it ever given you false hopes that maybe it might work out because you want it to work out so badly? I know it has for me...I've done some stupid shit due to infatuation (re: busgirl)

Yes, any woman in this situation should figure it out and not keep coming back and banging the guy who will never be into her for more than a fling.

That said, I know women who gave it up just once (with the help of alcohol) hoping the guy who friendzoned her would want more and it crushed them. Some of these guys are also assholes who take advantage of the feelings these women have for them (just like women who act like assholes and take advantage of a friendzoned guy who would lie down in traffic for therm).

Not to sound like a broken record, but the whole point is this:

Gender relations can be shitty for both sides, and are shitty for both sides far too often. Every story of a man getting screwed over by an evil bitch woman could be countered with story about a woman getting screwed over by a douche rocket. This is what the forever alone internet bros fail to understand, or accept. They want to think it's only "nice guys" getting screwed over. They want to constantly be the victim. Some women do this too...they want to whine and complain and do the "all men are assholes" routine.

At the end of the day, everyone needs to understand that shitty people exist, and it's up to you to find someone who isn't shitty or idk actually LIKES you as more than friends. They exist. Sitting around and bitching about all the people who don't want to be more than friends with you is a waste of time.

Azelma

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:48 am  

Old Conservative Faggot

Azelma wrote:
Gender relations can be shitty for both sides, and are shitty for both sides far too often. Every story of a man getting screwed over by an evil bitch woman could be countered with story about a woman getting screwed over by a douche rocket. This is what the forever alone internet bros fail to understand, or accept. They want to think it's only "nice guys" getting screwed over. They want to constantly be the victim. Some women do this too...they want to whine and complain and do the "all men are assholes" routine.

That's all well and good, but, as the chick said in the video, society empathizes with those women being taken advantage (see various rom-coms, TV shows, etc.) while at the same time denigrating the men being taken advantage of as fedora-wearing neckbeards who think women are stupid walking vending machines for sex that you put "nice coins" into until the sex falls out.

Your Pal,
Jubber

AKA "The Gun"
AKA "ROFeraL"

World Renowned Mexican Forklift Artiste

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Another genderbased double standard?

I call shenanigans. There's NO WAY those exist.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:15 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Jubbergun wrote:
Azelma wrote:

That's all well and good, but, as the chick said in the video, society empathizes with those women being taken advantage (see various rom-coms, TV shows, etc.) while at the same time denigrating the men being taken advantage of as fedora-wearing neckbeards who think women are stupid walking vending machines for sex that you put "nice coins" into until the sex falls out.

Your Pal,
Jubber

This is false, and an example of you cherry picking. Not everyone in "society" thinks about something in the same way, or only empathizes with the plight of women. Besides, what's a great judge of society? The movies we make, right?

Entire movie about a nice guy who gets fucked over by a bitch woman...feels real bad about it has a tough time etc, but stays true to himself and ends up getting a good girl. While they do poke fun at the character at times (it is a comedy), he's portrayed as the hero. Have you seen it?

Another movie about a nice guy who gets fucked over by a woman who doesn't want a real relationship. Goes through a struggle etc. and ends up re-focusing on his passions and finding the "right" girl for him. Have you seen it?

Again, you want to portray everything and everyone in society as against "nice guys" and only caring about women's issues when this just isn't the case. Stahp.

Azelma

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:21 pm  

French Faggot

Spoiler alert: Maybe you're the problem.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:37 pm  

Deliciously Trashy

Yuratuhl wrote:
Spoiler alert: Maybe you're the problem.

glad I'm not the only one thinking this.

harkening back to a conversation we had... A week and a half ago (?) on FB

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:10 pm  
Malodorous Moron

wow someone is interested in you as a human being and wants to be your friend, how horrible.

Do you think that a relationship starting from a base where friendship is undesireable will go any way but badly?

Do you think that people you have romantic interest in have some obligation to reciprocicate it? Do you think that it's possible to just force it if it's just not there? Do you think that a relationship starting from a base where friendship is undesireable will go any way but badly?

Rejection can hurt, but you'll get over your butthurt with time, no need to spout bullshit that doesn't exist until.

And meanwhile, if you're interested in someone only for sex, which is okay, you could just be straight forward and accept the answer instead of leading on with 'friendship'

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:19 pm  
Malodorous Moron

Jushiro wrote:
Friendzoned - so what do you do stay friends with that person or sever all ties?

Get over the rejection during which emotions can run high and then you're able to actually make a decision. Some require no contact for a little while to start feeling better, some not. Just realize that it's most likely not 'personal' and that there is nothing wrong for any one person to not be interested in someone else romantically, take some time to get over it, then see.