Bucket Guild | FUBU BH Forums

I Has a Bucket: Preventing bucket theft on Bleeding Hollow | FUBU: A better BH Forum
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:35 pm

Post subject: BH Faction Balance is Awful - RM Left
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:43 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Well i just came back to the game...apparently it's now 4:1 Horde. Standing here on the timeless Isle...you cannot do anything...its actually quite sad.

Just learned that RM has xferred off: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 077?page=5

RIP Bleeding Hollow

Azelma

Post subject: Re: BH Faction Balance is Awful - RM Left
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:33 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

It was a sad day ; [

KT has been OK so far though.

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:45 pm  

French Faggot

WoD racial rebalance should help with that somewhat. Been playing my human warrior on BH and it sure shows that the current faction imbalance is clownshoes though.

If destruction exists, we must destroy everything.
Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:06 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

With the flight restrictions in WoD, it means leveling is going to be a bag of dicks if you're Alliance.

Been talking with a few friends and it looks like a transfer to another realm is one of the only options. Probably going PvE too.

It's sad because World PvP used to be so fun…but when it's so broken you can't even complete quests and see content (e.g., Timeless Isle + Legendary Quests) it's pretty awful. "PvP'd on a php server" has a limit in my mind. I wonder if there's a way Blizz could fix it? Maybe not let people create a toon on a specific faction if that faction has greater than idk…60% of the realms population?

For now…I downloaded oQueue which is a helpful Mod. I can still do some of the annoying boss kills that would be impossible on Bleeding Hollow. Just sad to accept that if I'm to continue being a Nelf Priest…I'll have to leave the only server I've ever known :(

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:51 am  

Kunckleheaded Knob

2 things.

#1 - why are you on timeless isle? the enclave also takes out the trash now and then

#2 - so many ppl are crying about faction imbalance and shits, but you know what? it's not the only way to level, LFG will give you exp as well. I did LFG from 85-90 for 3 of my toons.

facebumnuts - much face much bum much nuts

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 am  

Querulous Quidnunc

Azmaria wrote:
2 things.

#1 - why are you on timeless isle? the enclave also takes out the trash now and then

Not by choice. Have to for: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33098 http://www.wowhead.com/quest=33100

Azmaria wrote:
#2 - so many ppl are crying about faction imbalance and shits, but you know what? it's not the only way to level, LFG will give you exp as well. I did LFG from 85-90 for 3 of my toons.

I've used LFG to level one of my alts (not-coincidentally a tank). However...some rebuttals:

1) Do you think it's reasonable to be prevented from (or have a much more difficult/ or impossible time) enjoying a huge chunk of content (questlines, zones, gear, etc.) simply because of faction imbalance on a PvP server?
2) If you're a DPS with limited time to play, LFG queue times can be quite long.
3) Depending on how many characters you have...doing LFG over and over again to level everyone would get pretty boring/repetitive. Maybe that's enjoyable still to you...not to me.
4) Again see my response to question #1, I (and most alliance I've talked to) simply have to avoid Timeless isle. Which means that a whole section of content/gear/whatever is made unaccessible (without major frustration and time wasted). Is that reasonable?

Yes there are ways around it, and I'm using some of them (oQueue)...but some of the others (play at 3AM! Only play stealth classes if you're alliance!) are ridiculous. You're asking people who have paid hundreds of dollars to Blizzard to "just deal with" a broken system because "World PvP lol" or pay more $$ to change servers or factions. Screw that. I've played a Night Elf priest on BH since what...2006...shouldn't have to become a Belf or w/e because of a server issue out of my control.

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:11 pm  

Fat Bottomed Faggot

Quote:
Probably going PvE too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

"Ok we aren't such things and birds are pretty advanced. They fly and shit from anywhere they want. While we sit on our automatic toilets, they're shitting on people and my car while a cool breeze tickles their anus. That's the life."

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:15 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Haha yeah.

The only option is going to a PvP server where Alliance dominates. World PvP is being killed by the community itself. People want to go to servers where their preferred faction has a distinct advantage. There are very few that are even close to 60/40...and all the rest are out of whack. That's like RM going to KT...which really is just ally dominated.

Just not much of an incentive if you can still do BGs and Arenas. World PvP just isn't fun unless things are more balanced (at least BH used to be about 60/40).

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:49 pm  

French Faggot

Transferring off because you're afraid there might be PvP makes you a faggot.

Spoiler alert: nobody can ever fly at the beginning of an expansion, and everyone leveled just fine for Pandaland and Cata and Wrath and TBC. Claiming that "leveling will be harder because I can't fly" is nonsense. Whatever reasons RM left for, I'm fairly certain they had more to do with recruiting possibilities than some fear that they'd be slow to level. It's not like RM has had server first max-levels in awhile (ever?) anyway, so it can't be that.

World is currently imbalanced. This is incredibly clear to me every time I make a run of the isle on human. But WoD racial restructuring, and the way they're handling Ashran to essentially autobalance sides, makes most of the hypothetical PvP claims just plain false. As is frequently the nature of things though, people always fixate on the bad and forget the good. That's why threads are full of whiners bitching about getting gangbanged, but seldom are they full of people admitting (or even remembering) that they were on the side initiating the gangbang.

With all that in mind, stay or you're gay.

Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 4:55 pm  

Falcon PUNCH! Faggot

BH is the only server.

They really should just disable faction changes/server xfers to factions with high population imbalances and/or reduce the price of switching to the lower population even if only a few dollars. Some sort of incentive, you know.

Spoiler (highlight to view):
lolglobal WG esque buff

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:28 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Yuratuhl wrote:

Fair enough, but it's not an issue with general world PvP or even getting ganked. These are things I've been comfortable with, and enjoyed, for ~8 years on BH.

Yuratuhl wrote:
Spoiler alert: nobody can ever fly at the beginning of an expansion, and everyone leveled just fine for Pandaland and Cata and Wrath and TBC. Claiming that "leveling will be harder because I can't fly" is nonsense.

You're misunderstanding my issue. I've played every expansion. The issue is that with flying restricted for as long as they say it will be...the unbalanced nature of the server (again 4:1 horde and getting worse) will make leveling a bigger pain than it was in MoP.

Yuratuhl wrote:
Whatever reasons RM left for, I'm fairly certain they had more to do with recruiting possibilities than some fear that they'd be slow to level. It's not like RM has had server first max-levels in awhile (ever?) anyway, so it can't be that.

True. And I never said that RM left because of the potential for slow leveling. These are their stated reasons from the thread (pasted below). Again, the issue seems to be recruiting possibilities and general shittiness due to faction imbalance. Especially as many quests/gear/progressiion items will continue to be tied to world quests I'm sure. Note they mention the flight issue:

Quote:
Essentially:
1. There’s no PvE-progressed Alliance left. The front page of wowprogress has 5 other alliance guilds, 3 of them are gone and at least one other is leaving. Finding recruits and fillers for our alt raids has become impossible.
2. Too many horde. We’re currently sitting at 4:1 Horde-Alliance ratio, getting worse by the day. With no flying mounts in 6.0, this will just be an extension of the current gank-fest that is the Timeless Isle. No thanks.
3. No one wants to transfer here. Really, this is probably the biggest reason we are leaving. We need to recruit 10+ new players for WoD, and none of them are willing to come to a PVP server where you’re drastically on the losing side.
4. We don't want to be horde. Gnomes ftw.

Yuratuhl wrote:
World is currently imbalanced. This is incredibly clear to me every time I make a run of the isle on human. But WoD racial restructuring, and the way they're handling Ashran to essentially autobalance sides, makes most of the hypothetical PvP claims just plain false. As is frequently the nature of things though, people always fixate on the bad and forget the good. That's why threads are full of whiners bitching about getting gangbanged, but seldom are they full of people admitting (or even remembering) that they were on the side initiating the gangbang.

With all that in mind, stay or you're gay.

I'm just not sure that balancing Ashran and restructuring racials will fix servers that have 4:1 (and worse) balance issues. I think the only way to truly fix it would be to cap dominant factions on relevant servers and incentivize transfers to balance things out. I don't think Blizz is prepared to take that leap.

I can assure you though, the gangbangs I was experiencing on the timeless isle yesterday (and really throughout most of MoP) were not started by me. I remember chatting with Zaryi months ago, and she was commenting on how leveling as alliance on BH is absolute dicks due to ganking.

I want to stay because I love BH and all you sexy bros...it's just becoming apparent that something has to change...and I haven't yet made the leap to go to the dark side. I shoudn't have to really, I should be able to enjoy the game and world content in a way that I'd like. Again, I'm fine with WorldPvP. I'm not fine with being outnumbered so much in the latest quest zone to the point that I'm spending all of my time finding my body and trying to hide from gankers. When my heart sinks knowing a quest must be completed in a popular end-game zone...that says there's something wrong. I despise wasting time while I'm wasting time....if that makes sense.

Necrachilles wrote:
They really should just disable faction changes/server xfers to factions with high population imbalances and/or reduce the price of switching to the lower population even if only a few dollars. Some sort of incentive, you know.

This.

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:34 pm  

French Faggot

Restricting flying for longer will make ganks less prevalent, not more. It's hard to camp levelers when you can't have a constant bird's eye view of the map. If anything, this'll make the leveling experience slightly more like Vanilla. When the guy who's trying to kill you can only go as fast as you can, and you're both on ground mounts, he's gonna have a bad time. The leveling guys can never fly, so this is very literally a good thing for the lower-numbers faction.

Shuruppak Yuratuhl
Slaad Shrpk Breizh

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:41 pm  

Querulous Quidnunc

Hadn't thought of it that way...but that is a good point.

Hopefully Blizz works on making stronger guards and protections around quest hubs though too (maybe like argent tournament). For example, on the timeless isle you're likely to be killed half a dozen times just trying to turn in a quest.

Azelma

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:13 pm  

Kunckleheaded Knob

Yea it was mostly a recruiting situation, I for one do almost nothing out in the world anyway since I find quests boring... and if I cared about leveling races I'd be playing PoE instead of WoW anyway... We did have a couple people say they just flat out wouldn't go through another tier on BH though, since it was a steady slide down since ToT's release with no signs of evening back out for Warlords.

Playing on KT as alliance has felt almost exactly the same as playing horde on BH did... Except everything doesn't look like a 3rd world country.

Çhubathingy - Shaman - Royal Militia
Hoenhiem - Paladin - Royal Militia

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:01 pm  

Stupid Schlemiel

Yuratuhl wrote:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay gurl.

Spoiler (highlight to view):
Not exactly the reason I left BH, but certainly a reason to choose a pve server.